The month of June. (a guest post by Abbie)

Friday, June 21, 2013










what the month of june is, for me:

-morning coffee
-rain storms
-open windows
-iced tea
-garden centres
-the start of summer vacation
-little adventures
-long days & late nights
-sleeping in for the first time after exams
-dandelion dust
-new books
-planning, dreaming
-summer camp
-ice cream shops
-wearing shorts (because it's finally hot enough)
-watermelon
-first swim of the year
-playing in the sand
-anticipation

despite being born in the winter, i was made for the summer. wide open eyes + big adventures + good people + fully-alive life = a very happy me. and you know what? i think this will be the best one yet.

"Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell. And when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough."
— Ernest Hemingway 

Abbie with an 'i-e'. 15. Lord of the Rings is a part of me. My three favorite places on earth are my home, summer camp, and my grandma's house. I'm a musician. Staying up late is my guilty pleasure. I love reading good books, I love my family and friends, I love living in wonderful Canada (come visit sometime, eh?), and I laugh a lot, especially when I'm with my older brother. I want to have a crazy, full, and exciting life.

twitter || blog || tumblr


4 comments:

  1. Aaaaah, a fellow Canadian! We should be friends. My favourite part of spring/summer is the drastic change from winter - from clouds to sunshine, heavy to light, and apathy to inspiration...that's why it's my favourite season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MORNING COFFEE ON YOUR LIST. Never thought I'd see the day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful! love your photos, and everything :) x
    give away over at my blog! :: Definitely Screaming

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally just wrote something like this in my journal, ending in "my favorite thing about the summer, though, is the way it touches people in ways that are their favorite"... or something like that...
    I love how summer means so many different things to so many different people!
    And also I love coffee.

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.