camp time

Monday, June 3, 2013

IMG_1356 Every year, I go to this little place called the lake darling youth center. Cabins scatter the grass where we often search for four-leaf-clovers, and the rocky gray path splits the sides right down the middle: girls on one, boys on the other. I've been going since I was really little, before I was in 4th grade and old enough to be a camper. Midwest Bible Camp (the camp that occupies LDYC for most of the summer) has always been "my" camp. It was my mom's camp before that. It's where my mom's parents first met each other. For the past four years, I've been going to 3 sessions each summer. (if you've been a reader for more than a year, you know.) All three happen in June, and all three last one week long each, which means I'm gone for basically all of June. There's not internet, not social media, no blogging while I'm there. (camp rules that I'm actually really grateful for.)

I'm going again this year. Summer just isn't summer without MWBC. Leaving tomorrow and coming back saturday, then leaving again a week later until the end of June. I'll pop in once during that week where I'm back home before I leave again, but during the rest of the time (as usual) I've got some fab guest posters to keep this little blog going.

I'll be back soon. | Megan

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful grain in that picture.. happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have an awesome time at camp! Looking forward to hearing tons about it when you get back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time! :)

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun! I will be going to "my camp" later on this summer with similar rules about internet, and I love it.
    Hope you have a fantastic time at camp! But then again, it's impossible not to. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  5. An internet/social media free month sounds so freeing and refreshing! Enjoy your time at camp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. have a fabulous time, Megan. Sounds like a blast, and so relaxing... I'm a little jealous over here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab guest posters... ooooooh.
    Have lots of fun, friend of mine. (I don't usually call friends of mine friends of mine... but... whatev)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope you enjoy your time! x
    - Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  9. so excited for you! you're going to have a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great time!

    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. just stumbled upon your blog - can't wait for you to come back! have a beautifully blessed summer
    xx
    http://petalandplume.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.