Hey, May.

Friday, May 3, 2013

IMG_1133 IMG_1124 IMG_1138 How is it even May right now? The past couple of days, Iowa weather has been its allovertheplace self; 90 degrees one day, and 40 two days later. A 9-month school year is ending next week, but it feels like it only lasted for 3. I'm almost done with my sophomore year of high school. "I'm going to be a Junior this fall," will feel so strange to say. As of last month, I'm officially fifteen and a half, which means that in six months I'll be sixteen. AH. I still can't wrap my mind around it all. Living in the month of May again, a whole year later, is officially crazy. So many things have changed since last May when most of those things began to change. Twelve months have never passed so quickly.

Lately, I've been indulging in books. I read Beautiful Creatures (by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl) in three days. It was one of those books that is written so well you feel not only astonished but also that you fail at writing because it was just so good. My sister and both I wrote summer reading lists last weekend. Hers has 14 books on it. Mine has 51. (know of any books I should add?)

Even though I'm still freaking out that it's May already, I'm excited for this month.

xo | Megan

12 comments:

  1. WHICH JOHN GREEN IS THAT
    (oh and your pictures are cool)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's paper towns. I'm gonna read it when she's done :)

      Delete
  2. totally know how you feel about the junior thing... I'm going to be one this fall too, and it's crazy to me! time flies by so fast... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that blanket(fav color right there)! Also, all your pictures are perfect. Kay bye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally agree - time is flying. i'll be a SENIOR this year! wut!! i can't wait until i have time to read this summer. booooooks! READ 'A MANGO SHAPED SPACE'. a must read. :) lovely post, megan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I can't wait for summer either!! You should read Peace Like a River by Leif Enger! It's amazing! I have a whole list of books to read too. :)

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm drooling over that last photo. and i'll be a junior in the fall too! i'm so ready for this school year to be over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 14 books is a lot for me. SUE ME OKAY. Miss overachiever.
    Also, *I* can't even believe you are going to be a junior... or 16... I just feel really old all the time now... sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, Paper Towns... Such a fantastic book. I've just begun reading The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, and it's very good. You should check it out if you have time. :)

    And I completely understand the whole getting older thing. I'm finishing my junior year next week, and I'll be eighteen next month. Adulthood is approaching at quite an alarming pace, no?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your photos, you're very talented :) I can't believe it's May either.. where is 2013 going???

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe how young you are. You have such a way with words and seem so skilled in different things. I get pretty excited every time you post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so with you… how is it May already?? And this weather is crazyy. I seriously almost got sunburned last week, and it was freezing and rainy the same night.
    I can't believe you're going to read 51 books. You inspire me big time. haha, I'm such a pathetic reader that my goal for this YEAR was 20 books. But hey, I think I'm going to finish that many this summer. :)

    It was good to stop in… I don't know why I never take the time to comment on anyone's posts anymore. I really do miss the blogging world peoples.

    hugs,
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.