friday

Friday, March 15, 2013

vscocam29vscocam38vscocam39vscocam41
For once, I don't want to talk about the weather. I don't want to talk about the brown winter ground that's muddy from the recently melted snow, or the spindly tree branches that have been cold and raw for months, or the ever grey skies that are a passage way for migrating birds, so free with their delicate feathers and hollow bones. The mud is just sinking sand that pulls me down in an effort to drown me in the winter sameness. The branches only tear at my skin; revealing the bone underneath, with the words I hid there, etched in black ink. And the sky is sinking lower, pushing me with all its weight; cracking my spine to expose my fears and my faults. But I'll survive. The toil of regrowth is coming, and then -- and then! -- the ground will harden, the branches will soften, and the sky will rise with the roar of an enormous courage; a time bomb that is later destroyed by autumn, just before we all explode with invincibility. Summer is coming, and maybe it's three months away, but I'm waiting with fingernail marks on my palms from clenched fists for the day that winter's chill isn't so fierce and paralyzing.

-Megan

17 comments:

  1. Oh, I reallyreally like this.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Definitely had to put that into a translator...but thank you! ;)

      Delete
  3. I killed you with my beach shot & you killed me with this. We're even now. ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to steal your kinfolk and your kitty. the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS. Gah. This is amazing, quite possibly your best work you've shared. I love it SO MUCH. It's just so deep and so beautiful and so intricate in a simple way, it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah. i love love this. so much. your writing is one of my favorite things ever.

    also, your static sidebar.. have any tips on how you got it? i can get it on the right but for the life of me i can't figure out how to put it on the left. have any websites you could point me to?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Natalia, could you shoot me an email? ;)

      Delete
  7. oh, this is beautiful. really beautiful. summer is coming...eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow. this is gorgeous. your words are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My word, Megan, can your pictures AND writing be more stunning?! Seriously. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thank you! Funny, because the pictures are just iPhone snapshots ;)

      Delete
  10. Came across you and your words today. Couldn't be happier that I did!

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.