In Hibernation

Saturday, January 19, 2013

DSC_0011 DSC_0018 DSC_0001
I like to think that I do lots of exciting things worth writing about. But the truth is that this week I've slept, done school, and watched Once Upon a Time. (Confession: I'm slightly obsessed.) Not quite the blog-worthy type of week. But the truth about me is that I follow the lead of animals during the winter and go into hibernation. I watch movies, I read, and I write, but don't do much else. That's why I like winter. Everything quiets down and in a room full of dusk sun, you'll find me with four blankets and too many books to read ("It is likely I will die next to a pile of things I was meaning to read." -LEMONY SNICKET) with and pen in my hand. And this is a time when I am truly happy to wait something: summer.

xo | Megan

21 comments:

  1. lovely, Megan. simplicity gold. xoxo || Meena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, this is me entirely. Although I'm not looking exactly looking forward to summertime here in AZ, spring sounds promising.
    (Also, Once Upon a Time is amazing, and we should Skype soon so we can fangirl. Kay.) xx

    ( the alcove )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. AMEN. This is me. Winter is definitely my hibernation time, especially since it's so cold up here. :) These pictures are lovely, by the way.

    -abbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first picture! And hibernation is lovely...I've been so busy the last few months that I'll be glad for the rest of winter (there's snow FOREVER where I live) where I can write, write, write, edit and read like crazy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're week sounds like the summary of my year. But not that I'd have it any other way of course :) Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, a fellow Once Upon a Time fangirl! IT'S SO GOOD. Also, I giggle to say that when I saw that second shot I thought it was a snake in the hand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oi. Hibernation is amazing<3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is beautiful, and amazing :) haha, hibernation sounds like a perfectly good idea x
    -Jianine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss summer, I am kind-of a useless lump in winter. I love that quote!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I WILL ALWAYS FIND YOU.
    you had me at OUAT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it took me like three minutes to figure out what OUAT was...;)
      YES.

      Delete
    2. DUDE. I'M A FELLOW OBSESSED FAN. Email me and we'll fangirl!!

      Delete
  11. Amen. I've been hibernating this last two and half months. I love hibernating but boy I'm ready for summer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i know, besides going to school and being forced to interact with people, when i come home i just read and write and surf the web. & i really love that picture. i love how your hand is grabbing the bottom corner of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. MAKE ME A FRIENDSHIP BRACELET.

    ReplyDelete
  14. THAT FIRST PICTURE THAT FIRST PICTURE.
    also - my parents won't let me watch once upon a time for a reason unknown to me. I'll just be over here fangirling about the other tom. okay. that's okay.

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.