For Sale: Nikon d3000 body & f/3.5-5.6 18-55mm VR lens

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I bought this camera at the end of October 2011. Since spring 2012, I'd been saving for a 50mm lens to go with it, but towards the end of the summer, I decided to, instead, save for a Canon 60D. I'm selling my good old Nikon purely out of the fact that I've outgrown it.

The Nikon d3000 is a very popular entry-level digital SLR camera. It's perfect for growing photographers who are ready to move on to the next level from their point-and-shoot. On Amazon, this camera and lens set is priced at around $550. I'm selling mine for $300.

The f/3.5-5.6 18-55mm lens (otherwise known as the kit lens) is the standard lens which most DSLR cameras come with. It's the perfect lens for photographers just starting to use a DSLR. 

My 18-55mm has a small dent in the ring around the glass of the lens, which doesn't effect the performance of the lens in any way. And if you're anything like me, you'll be ready to buy a new lens in a few months, anyhow.

You can view all the specifications for this camera and lens HERE.
The camera and lens set will come will the original box, manuals, charger, etc.

$300 (+shipping fee) for this 1 year old Nikon d3000 body + f/3.5.-5.6 18-55mm lens.

If you are interested or have questions, please email me at megankmadison(at)gmail(dot)com.

Megan

19 comments:

  1. I TOLD YOU CANON WAS BETTER.
    sorry.
    i just had to say i told you so once.
    #ehehe #youmad #idowhatiwant
    MUAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHEHEHEHEHEHAHAHAHAH HEEHEE hehehehe... hehehe... ehehe... hehe... heh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, you got me. But we were talking about photography back then. And both are good for photography. Canon just has better video.
      And, look, I'm still trying to put up a good argument.
      heh.

      Delete
    2. Canon is the bomb diggity dog!

      Delete
    3. You all have me seriously rethinking what camera to buy. I initially wanted a Nikon, but Canon's quality is starting to grow on me.

      Delete
    4. @Jemimah: Both a really good. it just depends on preference. Go to best buy sometime and tryout both brands and pick the on you like best ;)

      Delete
  2. Nope, I like Nikon better. Haha, just had to add my two cents.

    I just bought a camera, so I won't be buying it, just wanted to say good luck!!

    xoxo,
    Rachel Nicole

    rachyracheshobbycorner.blogspot.com
    circlescarvesandredlipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's purely about preference. I like both. ;)
      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. OH I WANT I WANT I WANT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the canon d60 is an amazing camera! (even though i have nikon) good luck selling it, I posted the info on twitter for you! the best place i've always found to sell stuff on is amazon. you should check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck selling it! :) I bought the Nikon D3100 last fall (and I LOVE that camera), but I'll try to send people your way. ;)

    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to buy it (I'm currently saving for a DSLR (still undetermined whether it is going to be a Canon or a Nikon)) I just, at the moment, don't have enough money.

    And, I like to look on eBay for cameras, you can get them pretty cheap in great condition! (like a few scratches, scuff marks, etc.) Good Luck selling that beautiful camera!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm.. i might be interested! will get back to you soon :) just bought a Sony Cybershot back in June, but i really want a DSLR as well.... what condition is the camera in? dents/scratches?
    =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and... for what it's worth- i'm also in the Nikon-only camp for DSLR's haha ;) like you said, though- it's just preference!

      Delete
    2. dents/scratches: just the small dent (mentioned and pictured above) on the ring around the lens that doesn't affect the performance, otherwise it's in great condition. ;)

      Delete
  8. Good luck getting it sold! The 60d is a nice camera ;) What lens are you planning on getting with your canon?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooooooo wish I could! I have the money but I'm saving up for a laptop. A long awaited item. :/
    Sad now haha.

    ~Amber :)

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.