2012

Monday, December 31, 2012

Every year, toward the end of December, I begin to write my end-of-the-year post. It's like a tidal wave of nostalgia. Remembering all the moments and reminiscing all the memories. End-of-the-year posts are by far one of my favorites to write.

Two thousand twelve was a year in which I learned a lot about life. Not to say that I now know everything, but I (along with my friends) grew up this year. It's crazy to look back to January and see what sort of people we were, and see how much a person can change in three months. It's been a hard year, but it's been one of the best. I'm forever thankful for my friends and family. 2012 has been a good one.

JANUARY:
January was a month of learning to trust and not to worry. My grandpa was in the hospital, and instead of worrying day and night about whether or not he'd be alright, I learned to trust that God had a plan. My life was crazy busy this month, but I grew to appreciate every day for what it was: beautiful and different in it's own unique way. I also learned many valuable things about standing out creatively.


FEBRUARY:
In February, a few other bloggers and I launched a project we called An Ordinary Utopia, which helped me to realize that everyday moments are the most beautiful and cherished. February was a bit of a hard month where I was constantly urging myself to get things done, but learned that I always need to leave a little time to relax.
DSC_0668
DSC_0641

MARCH:
This month, I learned to keep focused and keep my priorities straight. I learned to take time seriously because it goes quickly. This month was also when I saw The Hunger Games twice, which was wonderful.
DSC_0136
DSC_0004

APRIL:
In April, I took a major step away from blogging. I took a good look at who I was and who I wanted to become. I realized that I shouldn't waste my life on things that didn't matter. I read the book To Kill a Mockingbird, and it changed my life.
tiny blossoms

MAY:
May was an incredibly crazy month. I met these kids: Seth, Mel, and Ben. I found a voice in my writing. And although loads of crazy things were happing in my life -- with friends and finishing up school -- summer began before I was ready.
DSC_0562
i really love feet pictures.

JUNE:
I didn't do much in June besides camp. I grew closer to friends (especially Melody) through all the time we were spending together. I learned that sometimes you want to be two places at once, and sometimes you don't want to do anything but sleep for a while.
DSC_0746
DSC_0403
DSC_0087
DSC_0214
DSC_0084

JULY:
The dog days of summer. July consisted of spending near constant time with friends; engaging in long deep talks where we got to know each other more still. July was fairs month, where we sweated in the company of crowds.
DSC_0135
DSC_0049

AUGUST:
August was a month full of changes. My sister went off to college, and I started my Sophomore year of high school. There were lots of new things to adjust to.
DSC_0112
DSC_0457
DSC_0023

SEPTEMBER:
September was a month in which I had to do some major adjusting to being a sophomore. I got really close to my dear friend Whitney. And I became part of the band my friends formed.
DSC_0187
DSC_0099
DSC_0132

OCTOBER:
This was the month of my fifteenth birthday. I re-evaluated myself creatively, and prepared for the creative drain I was about to endure in November.
DSC_0038
DSC_0065

NOVEMBER:
In November, I just wrote and wrote and wrote. I learned how to cope with having loads of things to do all at once. I pulled some of the best late nights ever, and learned to just do it and not worry about inspiration. This was a huge month of creative growth.
DSC_0901
DSC_0020
DSC_0034

DECEMBER:
This month, I learned to appreciate the fact that I actively journal, blog, and take pictures. I became more interested in music. And (as I do every December), I realized that time goes by quickly.
DSC_0001
DSC_0021
DSC_0016
DSC_0116

Here's to 2013. Happy New Year, friends!

xoxo | Megan

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shot year-round! My favorites are July and December!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are gorgeous, Megan! love all your pictures, and your words... gah. :) sounds like you have grown a lot this year--discovered more of who you are, and perfected your gifts and talents. :)

    have a Happy New Year, Megan! :]

    ::hug::

    xo,
    mikailah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2013 Megan! I loved this post and all the photos. You are fantastic and I hope your next year will be truly amazing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect! Love the little recap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that sounds like an amazing year! I know I sort of fell of the face of the earth as a pen-pal. Haha. College made me invisible for a while. :P
    I hope you're doing great, though! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. Tears are forming in my eyes- this was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like you had an amazing year, megan. :) i'm hoping this next year, we can maybe get to know each other better? happy 2013 (and may the odds be ever in your favor okay sorry had to.) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. gah, this is one of the best recap posts out there. i love it. your year sounded fantastic, beautiful, and fun. love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your 2012 sounded like a great year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these pictures are beautiful. loved hearing about your year, sweet girl. (i'm hoping to have your painting sent out within the next week or two! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy new year :) 2012 seemed so full of memories and fun i didn't notice how fast time flies! amazing photos and post x

    ReplyDelete
  12. i was about to say: you BETTA put AOU in this post.
    and good on you for doing it!
    happy 2013, sweetie. let's talk more this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love seeing how your photography style changed & evolved over the year, megan. lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cool idea, summing up your year like this. *files away idea for the future*

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.