I turned fifteen.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

IMG_2022 DSC_0021 DSC_0011 October 13th has always been my birthday...in the way that birthdays never change. Every mid-october, I turn another year older. I am now living my sixteenth year, meaning that I turned fifteen this past saturday. (oh, yes, think about that logic for a second. You're zero when you're born, not 1. So when you turn fifteen, you aren't living your fifteenth year, you're then living your sixteenth year. I'm sorry if this is confusing. It's Ben's fault I know this.) That's right. My fifteenth birthday.

The only evident change that happens on my birthday is that I feel more qualified to be in the grade that I'm in. I'm fourteen for the first quarter of the school year, so everyone always thinks I'm a grade lower than I actually am...until I have my birthday in October. Also, I officially join my amazing friend Whitney in age after having been two different ages for one month and eleven days. Although, honestly, I hardly feel any different, it's still nice to know I have an entire new year ahead of me.

Some nice things that happened because of my birthday:
shopping trip with my mom | birthday pictures with Krista & Whitney | birthday cookies that whitney made me | awkwardly sitting in choir while everyone sang happy birthday to me | adorable cards from my little sisters | lots of happy birthday phone calls and texts from family+friends.

We aren't that big on birthdays around here, but I still really like them just because they're so nice.
xo | Megan

p.s. that top photograph was taken by Krista. She's fab, yes?

29 comments:

  1. Baha. I was just writing you a birthday card (a bit late, sheesh) when I refreshed my dashboard and saw your gorgeous face.
    AND YOU FIFTEEN GIIIRRLLL. Fifteen year old's awesome.
    I'm fifteen, but that's irrelevant, obviously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND I JUST WROTE YOU A VERY LATE LETTER!! :)

      Delete
  2. I loved fifteen. I hope you do too! And I totally feel ya on the whole grade issue...the first three weeks of school, I'm always younger than everyone else (well, I still am younger...but ya know). It's a bit of a relief once my birthday rolls around, I must admit. Anyway. This is lovely. And happy belated birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm older than you!? Never guessed that, I guess... Lol
    Either way, happy birthday, girl!! Hope your 16TH year is the best EVER!

    xoxo,
    Rachel Nicole

    rachyracheshobbycorner.blogspot.com

    ps- giveaway at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, happy birthday, girl!! I totally thought you were older, though. I mean, older than me! I just turned 16 {on September 29th} and I thought you were like 17... haha. :)

    15 is a great year. ;)

    xo,
    mikailah

    www.maid4him.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY birthday! Haha, that's the logic my parents use. We used to argue about it all the time.
    "How old are you?"
    "Sixteen"
    "She's seventeen, actually" My parents would drop in. And so on :) CONGRATS on 15 years completed! Best of luck for year 16 of your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday, doll! You are so darn pretty. I hope your 15th (technically, 16th) year is one to remember. It certainly was for me, and Taylor Swift thinks so too.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday!! ;) Also, I love your shirt. That blue-green colour is just stunning on you. Brings out your eyes and looks great with your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday Megan!! :)

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good gosh girly, you look so mature for your age. Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Megan!! You are such a talented young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that picture of you! happy late birthday. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Megan! :)

    By the way... those pictures are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday! It looks like it was a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. well happy birthday, sweetie! i should make you a carpe diem list sometime.
    also your photos are lovely and i love them. especially the last two.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy fifteenth birthday Megan! I hope this age treats you well; it has me so far. (: Also, I'm loving your photos and you are gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. happy birthday, megan. hope this year is full of blessings for you. (also, that first picture is literally stunning. gotta love it.) xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think it's more accurate to say that you're nine months old when you're born, as you are stille alive in mom's tummy. So actually you're 15 and 9 months! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday! To be perfectly honest - I was like, "whoa, wait - fiften?!" Because I guess I assumed you were super old or something. Anyway, happy [belated] birthday! And how each day of the new year is better than the next!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday! My birthday is tommorow: aren't October birthdays the best? :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy fifteenth, m'dear! My year of fifteen has been really amazing- I hope yours is so too.
    --

    ReplyDelete
  24. hope you had an amazing birthday! you take such beautiful photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy belated birthday dahling. xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. it has been far too long since I've had a chance to stalk your blog young lady. I see that you were born in the best month, congratulations ;)

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.