being a sophomore

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Having not written a post in sixteen days, I'm here to say that I have not died. I may have not posted in the past two weeks, but I literally tried posting over seven different times. With assignments and textbooks piled higher that I am tall, (which really isn't so high) I've found it really difficult to think of something to say here. With so much school I know I should be doing, it's hard to do something like write a blog post. The truth is that I've been extremely busy, but I really haven't done anything interesting.

I'm a sophomore this year. You're probably thinking "yeah, but you're home schooled, you've got it easy!" I can't say that it's not easier than going to actual school, (since I've never experienced that) but sophomore year has come with much more work and challenges than freshmen year did -- and I thought that was hard! I'm having to stay on track and dedicated to every single subject in order to get it all done and still have time for things like reading and writing (and blogging!) later. As my friend Kaylee says, "it's been really hard to get back into school this year." Back to schedules, loads of work, less free time, and all that jazz. Basically, I've been prioritizing and it's taking a long time to adjust.

On a happier note, it's finally cool enough for hot chocolate and sweaters and sleeping with two blankets. Also: I have this new thing were I'm obsessed with waking up early. Watching the 6am sunrise through my window is so satisfying. I'm a night-owl and an early-bird. (This isn't the best of combinations.)

Here are some favorite shots from the past two weeks:

DSC_0085 DSC_0044 DSC_0031 DSC_0038 DSC_0055 DSC_0064 DSC_0095 DSC_0099 DSC_0105 DSC_0109 DSC_0033 DSC_0040 DSC_0056

Sometimes life just happens and you don't have anything to say. Honestly, that's alright in my book. I don't always have the time to force myself to write something worth your time, so I'll post when the words are there. This autumn is taking a lot of adjusting, but I'm liking the feel of it so far. It's nice, being part of the changes for once and not just watching everything happen.
xo | Megan

25 comments:

  1. "Sometimes life just happens and you don't have anything to say."

    This. Absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I'm listening to Birdy-Skinny Love right now! Amazing blog ♥

    lifemaroonaqua.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basically this is EXACTLY what I've been feeling for the past week and a half. I haven't blogged, and I have a gazillion things to do for school. And to be honest, I've had a few chances to blog, I've just chosen not to. Not because I didn't want to, but like you said, I'll post when the words are there. They haven't really been there for the past week or so.
    But I've actually been working on my novel more! yay! I've figured out (hopefully) the new plot, and it's taking a turn that I'm very happy it's taking. I don't have many details figured out, and it kind of freaks me out sometimes to think of all the holes I need to fill, but for now I'm happy with it, and I'm finally getting to write something that I'll actually keep.
    As if you wanted to know all that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes! I've been feeling a lack of words lately as well.
    and I must say I'm a night owl AND a morning bird, too. it's a lovely if inconvenient combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally relate to this right now. Life gets busy, but that's okay. :) Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have so enjoyed watching your photography and writing grow in the last few months Megan. Your photography is so beautigul! I lvoe them all! Espesh the 2nd one ;) I am a night owl as well, but in no way and early bird ;) Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's my sophomore year, too. And it IS harder than freshman! And I seriously thought that transition (8th grade to freshman) was hard. lol
    I have a lot to learn in this life.

    xoxo,
    Rachel Nicole @ Summer Breeze

    rachyracheshobbycorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, I here ya! But, as an encouragement my sophomore year was probably the happiest of my life! Yeah, autumn brings those changes but most of the time, you'll end up with some awesome results. Hey, I'm 18, graduated in May, and am currently running my own business all by my lonesome. You get through high school first, and then see where life takes you! Keep posting, keep studying! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this post. and it is getting cold where I live too, and I'm loving it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word!! I've got that cup...the white one with the blue heart design. haha
    Enjoy this year...you only get to live it once!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. UGH so lovely. seriously. these are all going on tumblr within the next hour. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally get you...I'm in my junior year and it's totally kicking my butt. It's not that I'm stressed, but there's just so much busy and so much to stay on top of, you know? Anyway, these are beautiful--loving the last one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can really sympathize with you here! I'm a senior this year and I feel like there is hardly any time to do what I really want to! (Reading esp!) I've only just started the school year though, so hopefully I'll be able catch up and get with the schedule soon. :)
    It's just gotten chilly here in North Carolina, too! I'm so happy because I love this weather.Yay for hot chocolate and sweaters! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dude, seriously, I'm goin in fangirl mode ova here.

    These are my favorite photos are yours by far- the color, I don't know what it exactly it is, is just simply breathtaking. Maybe it's just because it makes me feel like autumn has finally set in. I don't know.
    I'm in my junior year. With that being sad, I survived, so maybe you will too! (;
    Totally downloading Birdy now.
    And I love you and your blog.

    The end.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Megan, I can SO relate to this post. And with the whole "oh you're homeschooled so it's easier for you and you don't have work so many hours" thing going on, it's kind of annoying at some points. I'm in grade 10 (sophmore?) and I'm homeschooled too, and I am d.r.o.w.n.i.n.g. And it's been 12 days since I blogged....probably should get back to doin' that too. =P

    Yes indeed, "It's been hard to get back into school this year." :) Keep hanging on girl, you'll make it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, and by the way, these pictures are also my favorite of yours, EVER. :) I have no idea why. I just love them, but they're making me miss my friends that I haven't seen in 2+ months SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel exactly like you do right now: anticipating fall, wanting to blog but have nothing to say, busy with school work.....love the picnic blanket pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You'll soon realize that you should either be a night owl or an early bird when your brain can't function! ha!
    Also, I hate that it's actually fall there. Because it's definitely NOT here and it's terrible. truly terrible.
    Also, I like your pictures.
    Also, wait until senior year, then things will REALLY be crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awe, I loved being a sophomore in high-school. It was an amazing time. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel your pain. ;) I thought freshman was a breeze and sophomore caught me off guard. But hey, you'll give your brain a good work out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm totally with you. On everything.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I JUST found this post for some reason.. or another. I'm a sophomore this year too and it sounds you have it harder than me- buttt I feel your pain. love the photos!

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.