August is over and we're already three days into September

Monday, September 3, 2012

DSC_0023 DSC_0005 DSC_0009 DSC_0046
DSC_0017
DSC_0055 DSC_0002 DSC_0017 DSC_0044 DSC_0073 DSC_0090 DSC_0094 DSC_0123 DSC_0125 DSC_0011 DSC_0036 DSC_0040 DSC_0041 DSC_0043 DSC_0045 DSC_0047 DSC_0048 DSC_0049 DSC_0072 DSC_0074 DSC_0078 DSC_0096 DSC_0102 DSC_0144 DSC_0155 DSC_0172 DSC_0187 DSC_0207 DSC_0221 DSC_0245 DSC_0263 DSC_0273Over a week ago, I shot the pictures of my sisters and Mel's siblings splashing in their pool. I fell a little bit in love with an art wall in the library the past two sundays. I've been writing. While my literature journal has all the paragraphs aligned and separated as they seep from the pen, I can't really fool anyone because my writing notebook is marked up and all over the place. Dark black shadows enveloped us during party number 1 this weekend. We're all still immature enough to hide behind walls and scare each other. In-the-dark games are the absolute best. Smoke filled the empty fields and wafted in through the barn doors. And then we did a bunch of ballroom/barn dances. We're home schoolers. That's how we roll. Apparently I've developed a new taking-pictures-of-hair obsession. And I really just love all my friends alotalotalot.
August is over and we're already three days into September and all of us are left staring and wondering where all the time has gone.

xo | Megan

22 comments:

  1. these photos are things of beauty. legit. i love the second and sixth best. the smoke adds a hazy, enchanting layer to it. my favourite post by you yet.

    also. been writing. email me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing - each picture tells a story. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, we're homeschoolers and proud of it!! Great post and I love the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These. Are. Amazing. So intense, and each one is worth a thousand words. Beautiful. | xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOUR PICTURES. Seriously, I love your style of photography! :)
    abbie / xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really, darling, where has time gone? I don't know, but I do know that this post is so very wonderful. The pictures are magical.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures!
    xoxo,
    Rachel Nicole @ Summer Breeze

    rachyracheshobbycorner.blogspot.com

    ps-giveaway at my blog soon, take a peek?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always LOVE your pictures! You have en epic photographers eye. :)
    I have been wondering for some time, how do you get your pictures so large? I mean, the largest setting I can do is x-large when creating my posts, and 'original size' is much to big. How do you balance it out?
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, girl! I just take the 800px code from flickr (where I upload all the photos I post) and put it into my post's HTML. Super easy.
      xo.

      Delete
  9. some of your best yet girl!!! I love them alllllll. You have improved a HUGE deal!!! these are beautiful, I love your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the pictures girl! :) this is pure talent. just pure talent. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. THAT LAST PHOTO.
    Also your novels are totally making me want to write.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of these are amazing. You truly have talent gurl! What do you use to edit your photos? :)

    Iona
    http://ionasphotos.blogspot.com
    http://ionaluvshorses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a fab program called Aperture.
      thanks, girl!
      xo.

      Delete
  13. i'm sitting here trying to figure that out too. I know it's so cliche,but seriously time flies- and fast. oh, and I love your hair obsession :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So I've asked you this like three times but I keep forgetting - what's the program you use for writing? (14th photo) And it's just for mac, right?
    Can you believe I've never even touched a mac in my life?
    It's sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH wait it's Scrivener, right?
      Sorry. My brain's like the size of a pea.

      Delete
    2. YOU REMEMBERED! :) Yep. it's scrivener. Do you live in a basement?!? go buy a mac now.

      Delete
  15. I love how you contrasted the bright color photos with a lot of black and white shots. Are you working on a book? Looks cool!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yes, I am. It's a series. Embarrassingly, I'm only on the 4th chapter and it's already be over a year and a half. Oh wow. It sounds worse saying...typing?...it out loud. hah.
      xo.

      Delete
  16. I love all the pictures! Very nice blog.

    Emma
    http://emmavogelsang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.