today was almost autumn

Saturday, August 4, 2012

DSC_0001 DSC_0009 DSC_0015 DSC_0051 DSC_0070 DSC_0087 Covered in a pile of old books, sinking into a few pillows, shoved between a bookshelf and the bottom step. The windows appear to be crying, but it's happy tears because it hasn't rained in ages. For the short few moments the sky grew dark and the raindrops danced across the windowpanes, I was curled up in happiness and blue shades of the storm wrapped around my vision. Later, when a small pile of leaves collected in the center of the trampoline, I was reminded why I love Autumn so much. I don't think I can wait another thirty days. Autumn is the reason I force myself to survive the other nine months.

xo. Megan

15 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH. I LOVE YOU. YES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that third photo. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for autumn!!!! It's my favorite. Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *gus voice* whaaaaat??? this is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. megannnn! this is beautiful. just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, i LOVE the last three! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, all around. Oooohh yes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay! i'm holding out for fall too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog...I'm speechless. So many blogs I see fail to be aesthetically appealing, and yours is just the opposite. Your photos are chillingly good!! Keep up the good work :D

    Erin
    writedreamrunsing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word. Megan. This is insane. Just today I thought "This is like a sneak preview of fall. I absolutely cannot wait." It was cool and rainy and gorgeous and I'm so crazy excited for autumn. I think I'm going to fall apart before August is over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS words, Megan! Seriously beautiful. I especially love the title - just lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It has been in the 90's here (Washington). Yesterday it reached 104 *!! It is great (I'm trying to convince myself ;), because this is very rare weather here. But my favorite seasons are Autumn and Winter. They have such wonderful holidays too ;) Thanksgiving and Christmas! Love em' ;)I am glad I am not the only one who enjoys the rain and cold. I'm not too much of a hot weather person, but I am trying to enjoy what God has given to us! It is great for the tomatoes and corn in our garden ;)

    Thanks for the post! The pics were great (as usual ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. autumn sure is the end of summer but then again, it is a very beautiful season. thanks for sharing these photos, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These photos capture the essence of a storm so well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. someone else whose favorite season is not summer, but autumn. YESYESYES.

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.