Guest post: Trying freelensing

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Photobucket Photobucket

I'm hardly a pro at it. More of a wanna-be amateur. And yes, I'm talking about freelensing -- the new technique so many are buzzing about and doing beautifully. So I decided to try my hand at it. If you've never tried it before, I highly recommend giving it a go. It's simple and a great way to spice up your photography.

First, carefully detach your lens from you camera body, and carefully tilt it in the direction you want to focus on (notice the use of the word "carefully" twice?). Yes, it can be a bit risky, but if you're successful, the affect is more then worth it.
_______________________________________________________________________

Photobucket


Hey, my name's Kimberly! I'm that person who over-exaggerates, laughs way too much, and takes photos all the time. I write about fashion, writing, faith, family, and everyday life over at my blog. Come visit sometime.

19 comments:

  1. amateur? These are fabulous!

    -hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are gorgeous! The second one is just magical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried doing this and LOVED the results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, sounds cool. If I had a DSLR I'd try it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. KIMBERLY! I love your results! =D
    I would soo try this if I had a DSLR. Which I will get someday (hopefully soon).

    xoxo,
    Rachel Nicole @ Summer Breeze

    http://rachyracheshobbycorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohmymymymyyy. THIS IS SO GOOD. Your no amateur, m'dear... I'll classify you as a pro - for certain. Also, your bokeh officially look like Abbey's (@ the inglenook's) bokeh she gets in her photos. Seerriiousllyy.

    Lastly, what lens + camera do you use? :)

    xxx Acacia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! They are absolutely stunning. <3

    This might be a silly question, but how far away do you hold the detatched lense? {I'm assuming that you keep it pretty close, but I'm just wondering...}

    ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your freelensing! i've played around with it a bit, but i'm not really great. most of my attempts just end up being overexposed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are great!!! haven't tried it yet, though I want to..

    ReplyDelete
  10. your shots are amazing! yes, freelensing is incredible. but much emphasis on being careful - i dropped my lens, twice, though thankfully nikon is amazing and it wasn't hurt at all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Acacia, thank you so much! Seriously, being compared to Abbey is an enormous compliment!! I use a Canon T3 and 50mm lens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Abby, thanks so much! And that's not a silly question at all! I find that holding the lens directly onto the body and simply tilting it to the left or right works well. To get a more blurry affect, hold it a millimeter away from the body.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Dear! I'm Gianna, and I'm new to blogging! I would more than appreciate for you to come check out my blog! here at,
    randocology.blogspot.com -

    If you do come, make sure and let me know, leave me a comment, or follow me!
    xoxo,
    Gianna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! That's cool! I love discovering new things.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, absolutely beautiful. I'm trying to build up some courage to go out and do this.

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.