two adventures from this past week

Thursday, May 24, 2012

We went to Iowa City last thursday. With Seth. To his art show. Then we went downtown to walk around. And Melissa and Seth got ice cream while Whitney and I talked about how yummy salty things are. After that, I took a hundred pictures and we talked about ISO and grain/noise. Well. Seth and I talked about ISO, Melissa and Whit just looked at us very confused. ["I hate that moment in the day when you have to change your ISO from 100 to 200." -Me. "That's such a nerdy thing to say! But I know what you mean..." -Seth]  Then I accidentally took a picture of a random man at 55mm...but it's okay because you don't have to know that. And then we went and sat on a parking ramp roof.

I really love portraits with city lights in the background. They're just grand.

whitney took this one. I'm trying to get her to start a tumblr or something. Because her pictures are fantastic.
Whit took this one too.

On Wednesday a couple friends came over. We sat on the porch with my little sisters and played with the kittens. Then we climbed the dirt mound. And read random quiz cards. [Whit: "What does F.B.I. stand for?" Melody: "Federal Bamboo Ignite!"] We also ate cookies and drank a lot of water.


Did you have any adventures this week?
xo. Megan


p.s. I didn't really mean to go a week without posting...but it just sort of happened.

20 comments:

  1. aww looks like a great time! Your pictures rock. Seriously, they do. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Megan, this is SO good. I love your photography. You're very good at capturing little, real moments and turning them into beautiful memories. That third-to-last picture of Meredith is perfect. And I love the tenth picture too- the bokeh one. Totes awesome. :D

    Abbie /// XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pics are awesome! And those kittens are just adorable!!

    Hannah
    thewritingsofhannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! those pics are great! and, yes, I had a bunch of adventure this past week... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. question: have you named your kitties yet? because i not, i demand you name one goshbubbles. for reasons. love you!
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. yep. we have. They're Fred, Lily, Tony, Guam (thought that name up right out of my head), and...I Don't remember #5... Then of the two younger ones, the little girls named mama and papa. They're such interesting little girls.

      Delete
  6. haha I love the name goshbubbles. ;) and these shots. <3

    x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gosh, you guys are so gorgeous. jeaaloous.
    hahaha "I hate that moment in the day when you have to change your ISO from 100 to 200." you make me laugh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh. her ice cream cone. oh my flipping gosh. i need one NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha that ice cream was really good! (yummy;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey megan! I also took the 5th picture! Jk it doesn't really matter :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks like SO much fun, megan! and of course i love your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't get over how cute the kittens are, seriously! Also, the conversation about the ISO was hilarious! Ahaha! Looks like so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your posts lately have been the epitome of summer. And I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have wuite the awesome bunch of friends. I am almost 100% postitve that none of my friends would discuss camera concepts with me. Meh.

    -ryan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had a lot of fun. I really love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun, fun! I just love spending time with family and good friends.....and those kittens are adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. AnonymousJune 01, 2012

    those photos would get no notes on tumblr

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.