no fear, no destination.

Friday, April 13, 2012

I don't believe in perfect. I don't believe in either being perfect or being a failure. They are completely unrealistic, alterable terms which hold no defined meaning. Perfect or failure change to mean what you want. Because the truth is: things could always be better or things could always be worse. Perfect isn't top and failure isn't bottom. You can always go higher; you can always get lower.

Instead, I believe in always trying harder, and giving up. I've learned not to shoot for being perfect because perfect is trying to put a limit on something entirely limitless. I'm not terrified of failing because I don't believe in failure being the worst. There is no depth you can go where there isn't a glimmer of hope or a small sight of something good.


I'm learning, instead of trying to reach perfect, to always reach higher than I think I can go. I have learned to try things, not afraid of failure, because I know I have a choice to give up or to keep going. Failure doesn't scare me because I have discovered that there is a bit of good in everything. More and more, I've learned to see failure as a positive. Because you can't reach any higher without learning to climb from the step below you.


xo.
Megan

16 comments:

  1. these are GORGEOUS!! and I agree.. noone is perfect.. were alll beautifully flawed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude. amen.
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. this is a good manifesto. and that last one is the bomb -- you always make the best quote pictures.

    xo,
    jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I love this. So true. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've got me speechless, Megan dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I really needed to hear this. This is one of my favorite posts that I have ever read. So true, so gorgeous. Amazing, Meg. That quote--beautiful.Genius.I am in love with it. :))

    As always, the pictures are gorgeous. Especially that second one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, and that second to last picture is absolutely stunning! Awesome post Megan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a heads up, i think you meant to say never giving up in the 2nd paragraph? but great post nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope, I meant giving up. I was talking about the upside and the downside -- Always trying harder, and giving up. Thanks, though! :)

      Delete
  9. I almost cried. This is the post that I needed to read. You are a great writer and I love your blog!

    littledovehappyflower.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    -Jemima

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I'm learning, instead of trying to reach perfect, to always reach higher than I think I can go."

    Wow.

    And your photos? They left me breathless! I wanted to be in that sun-drenched scene. I felt like I was.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the grass is extraordinarily greener on your side of the hill.

    but the words kind of just echoed my thoughts, solidifying them even further.
    this was so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, and your blog is my favorite.

      Delete
  12. This was just plain awesome =D

    ~Molly~
    mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.