when spring awakens

Thursday, March 8, 2012

While show was covering the ground and falling from the sky Sunday and Monday, the weather ranked 60+ Tuesday and Wednesday. I took that as the perfect chance to wear my flip flops for the second and third times this year. (The first was two weeks ago.) Please tell me you took advantage of it, too. I'm bubbling over with excitement that spring has finally arrived.

I've been busy all week with studying for history tests, working on my research paper due next week, laughing uncontrollably, reading, and staring at "the other Megan's" little brother's extremely cute pet turtle. Oh, and being completely bummed out that my camera's battery was dead for all of wednesday except for when I took it out, shook it, and blew on it after each picture until it was totally drained. ("Aren't my tactics amazing?" -said to my friend whitney after one of these battery-shaking-moments.)

one of my most favorite writing quotes

Spring break from american history class (my biggest, most time-consuming class) couldn't have come a day sooner. I have a very high stack of books waiting for me and lots of ideas ready to be written about.

has spring arrived where you live?
xo.

p.s. sorry for being gone for so long! I was very busy this week. School + the aunt and uncle visited. (Such fun!)
p.p.s. new march design is up as well.

21 comments:

  1. gorgeous photos!! and loverly post:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, and yay for warmer weather. I can't waaaait for Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. first, i love you.
    second, i love your photograpy.
    third, i love your handwriting.
    fourth, i love your design.
    fifth, i love you. squared since i said it twice. :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes,spring has 'arrived' in the neck of my woods..+I was sooo happy I got to wear my two favorite pair of sandals+flip-flops!=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that quote. I'm really excited I got to wear flip-flops for the first time yesterday! So awesome. That weather needs to come back.

    ps i like your photography.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that quote = amazing. and your design is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that quote definitely deserved a pin. and your photography is lovely, as I say again for the gazillionth time. spring has semi-arrived. ish. it's getting there. you're pretty. and I like your blog. I started I Am Number Four today. I'm not sure why I'm not capitalizing my sentences. anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished the power of six yesterday. :) Love those books but can't believe I have to wait until AUGUST to read the next one.

      Delete
  8. haha... just looked at your picture that I pinned. 10 repins + 3 likes. you'rree popular. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Your comments always make my day. seriously. :)

      Delete
  9. Megan, you amaze me with your posts. They're beautiful. You and your sister are so cute, and that quote. Wow. I adore it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! Flip flops!! Yippee! Sadly, I haven't been able to wear them yet, but I am looking forward to soon! Love the pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely loved this. Hahaha, yes, you do have great tactics. I am just in love with your writing. :))


    The new design is lovely. Okay, so do you design your blog by yourself? The next time I need a blog design.... :)))


    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes. I do design myself. HTML + most of my graphics. I have a design site here: http://www.megankristinedesigns.blogspot.com

      thank you :)

      Delete
  12. Yes! Spring is here (well maybe always here in San Diego) love your photos. doesn't it feel like spring even more with the time change? I love it.

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the first few b/w pictures. There's something so simple and raw about black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What is that book that is .....ink?

    ReplyDelete
  15. what kind of camera did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikon d3000 with the 18mm-55mm kit lens. (hoping to get a 35mm lens soon, though.)

      Delete

because comments = happiness.