Sisters.

Monday, February 20, 2012

I have three sisters. Marissa is 18 and the photographer-blogger-violinist. (and currently my roommate until she goes off to college in the fall.) Mallory is almost 11 and the animal expert/funny face maker. Meredith is 8 and likes to read, draw, and go out and take pictures with me. In short: We're all kind of crazy.
(picture by meredith)
We like to take pictures of each other while taking pictures of each other. 

Meredith writes me notes and draws me pictures. We also have on-paper chats with each other because we're a techie family but believe in paper, too. 

Mallory is...well...always making goofy faces and never likes to cooperate for pictures.

Marissa and I like Coldplay.
"A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost." -Marion C. Garretty
The littles come into our room when we're not awake before 9:30, yelling at us to get up because they've been watching tv since 7. Sometimes Meredith and I snuggle in the warm blankets before we get up to scout out some breakfast on saturday mornings. We like laughing and telling stories. When we're bored, it's usually the camera we go to. Marissa is always there to talk to. Mallory always has a story to share. We like dancing in the kitchen. We like saying silly things. But most of all, we just like being crazy together.
Sisters: i like you.

Do you have sisters?
xo. Megan

18 comments:

  1. I have a sister and couldn't imagine life without one! Love this post! Your sisters are so sweet!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post is my top favorite of all time. seriously. its great. Also, love the picture of meredith- gangster picture in a hospital!
    And we are just... crazy... actually insane is probably a better word. And mallory and meredith make me laugh more than anything else, specially how we barely have any serious pictures of mallory because she can't make a normal face. :) And I love that quote. It's one of my favorites. :)
    Annnnnd I love our random dance parties in the kitchen. Have you noticed that thats the only room in the house we have danced in? haha!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that last shot ;) and you are all beautiful girls! i have two sisters -- one eight, the other six.

    xoxo,
    Jessica @ Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes. Sisters. I have five of them. :) We get along relatively well. It depends on the day, I guess. But, I really do love them. This is such a cute post, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sisters! I have two and I love them so much! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first picture of you, Megan! Sheesh! Have some mercy on us people who can't look that awesome.

    Love this post, though. Sisters are seriously the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet post. I have a little sister, almost two years old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha, I write chat-notes to my brother sometimes during car trips. we make up usernames just like we're online.
    your sisters are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've also got three sisters: a twelve year old one, an eight year old one, and a six year old one. They're pretty awesome and crazy.

    and it's funny how we both blogged about sisters today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have 5 brothers; no sisters. This post is still pretty wonderful, though! My mom's expecting another baby in September, so maybe it'll be a girl. :)

    Abbie /// XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have 5 sisters! 3 older and 2 younger! They are SOOO wonderful! Yes, we do have our moments but most of the time its just one big party! Im not sure what id do if i didn't have them and was stuck with my 6 brothers! Oh man that would be crazy! Any way i love sisters!!!

    In Christ
    Hosanna

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh yes! i lovelovelove this! joy and i do it all the time :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww! i practically feel the love radiating from this sweet post :) your sisters look like the best sisters in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have one sister, and she's the bestest!
    I also have two brothers and one sis in law.
    Not sure what I'd do without any of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like this post. Just to let you know you said you have four sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  16. yesyesyesyesyes i love this post!! i have one sister, and we can totally relate to dancing in the kitchen-it's so much fun, isn't it?(:
    once again, lovely post.

    xoxo, oriana
    http://this-real-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.