My Freeing Place

Wednesday, February 1, 2012


We walk down the path; leave the road in the distance. We left technology at home; adventure before us. We leave a little time for freeing; forget our worries for a little while.

The ground in blanketed in leaves, dotted with spots of snow. Colors pop from their branches. Pools of shallow water find their way into the dips in the path. The sun slowly descends, spilling waterfalls of light through the branches. The trees make a refuge from life. And for a moment, it's just me. Only me. Sorting out my thoughts.

All too often I find myself stuck in the never ending loop of routine. Over and over, it's the same, week after week. And sometimes, it's those trips out in nature, away from everything, that remind me what being at peace is like. Life seems to always feel like a continuous rush. When something unexpected or out of the ordinary happens, we start thinking; realizing things we'd never thought of before. Sometimes it's those spur of the moment happenings that remind us of things thought to be forgotten. And sometimes, that's all we need to keep going. 

We all just need a place to go a free everything trying to hold onto us a pull us down. My freeing place? The nature trail.

what's your freeing place?
xo.
megan

p.s. exciting project announcement later this week? keep an eye out! Be excited. This is going to be great.
p.p.s. have a question? http://www.formspring.me/shesmegan

16 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Megan! Your pictures of the trail look so lovely and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no scarf again! ah! this is a second. and i'm so excited about the project, oh yes. your photos are beyond amazing. stellar, maybe? yes, i think so. :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are beautiful! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous pictures.

    My freeing place used to be in the tiny field of trees behind my house that we called "the woods" but since then we've moved. But I love being in a tree. Sounds weird, but it is freeing to me.

    Lovelovelove,

    Abbie /// XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool post!! Visit my blog?
    www.littleskyeyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos were beyond gorgeous. So, so, beautiful. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have I ever told you? I am immensely jealous that you live by the woods. I'm an outdoorsy kind of girl who sometimes feels closed in by the city limits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, Meghan. Everywhere I go, I'm forever looking for secluded spots I can run to for alone time, and just being with myself and God.
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely lovely, m'dear!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally feel ya on this! While I thrive off routine, that's not to say I don't love a spontaneous outing or unexpected visitor every now & then. Sometimes I siimply soar things up by doing my schoolwork backwards as opposed to the usual order of subjects. It works!
    stunning photos, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the 5th and 6th pictures! these are all gorgeous though! :) my freeing place is a little duck pond behind my apartment building! it's so cute and quiet and I always find myself there when I'm upset or need to think :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so beautiful! i live in a city, with no nearby parks or forests, so my freeing place is my teeny tiny garden in my backyard, where i feed the birds and pretend i'm really on a farm somewhere. but i love finding beauty in the city, because it really is a very incredible place - just in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your writing is beautiful. So are your pictures. My freeing place? My woods. They are always my place to escape from the world. :)) loved this post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, inspiring, wonderful post! I really like those photos. Makes me wish I could take a frosty afternoon walk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You got some really good picture meggy! :) Also the trail is like the best place ever. I love it. Lets go again.

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.