Celebrate.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

I love pretty, ordinary things. (as I'm sure you know by now.) Today, when I found a quote, I did a mental happy dance because I suddenly had discovered what my most favorite thing it the world was.
"My favorite thing to do at home is celebrate...even if it's just a monday!" -unknown (via this photograph)
My tendency to attend and host oddly-themed parties/celebrations explains a bit why I love this quote so very much. Picture taking parties, "hey i got a new camera" parties, and sometimes just "it's friday" parties. These and many more are things I have and love to celebrate.


More and more, the word 'celebrate' is creeping into my stream of thoughts. I could come up with countless things to celebrate. Just little, happy things. Even big things. Celebrations can be so wonderful, and usually, they are.

Holidays are annual and fun, but sometimes I like to just choose one thing to celebrate. For no reason at all. Just because.

(^my most recent photography related thoughts)

My new goal for this week is to think of one thing to celebrate everyday, and celebrate it. Making lists, doing something fun and special everyday, and just remembering that there's at least one good thing in every bad day. Because, frankly, celebrations are kind of my favorite.


What are you celebrating today?
xo.
megan

22 comments:

  1. That photo with the note about photography - LOVE! Beautiful words. And so, so true. Pinned it here: http://pinterest.com/pin/91620173639208100/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except that link didn't actually turn into a link like I thought it would. Sorry!

      Delete
    2. thanks for the pin, dear!

      Delete
  2. these pictures = gloriously light-filled and pinnable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pictures! those sun flares are to die for! and I love your latest photography thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I read this post, I remembered a text in my favorite book...

    "Betsie, could make a party out of 3 potatoes and some twice used tea leaves."
    From The Hiding Place

    All for celebrating the little things!
    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah. that quote is wonderful.
      I love that book, too. ;)

      Delete
  5. wooh, that photographer quote- my favorite so far. Love it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. your typography is beastly. that's just the truth. love it all, dearie! and "hey i got a new camera" parties are the best. i'm having one soon ;) :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are gorgeous pictures!! Gaahh I love them!! <3 :) ESPECIALLYY that photographer one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that last one. mm, after all my my hard work, a new camera party sounds about right ;)
    ...okay, seriously, that last one's getting pinned.

    xoxo,
    Jessica @ Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing, Amazing, Amazing, Megan! I love the pictures & the words! My favorite pictures are the second & the last :) And, wow, that "quote" by you is also amazing!

    Abbie /// XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! These photos are phenomenal!! I absolutely love the first one. I, too love to celebrate.
    xo,
    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great!! You're pictures....wow...they are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for this. I've had a pretty hard day, but there are always things to celebrate. Just the fact that Jesus loves me and died for me is a reason to celebrate. I want to focus on the good things, not the bad.
    Now, each day I'm want to find at least one thing to celebrate. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. really really really love the first shot. gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty pictures, pretty blog. I love celebrating the little things. Life would be so boring otherwise.

    Peony

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can come over right now, I'll make popcorn, turn on Anthem Lights (;D) and we'll have a dance party. Sound good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be at your house in five minutes. Be ready! ;)

      Delete
  16. Um.... simply gorgeous. Let's celebrate. Now. I already am!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Megan, what a stunning post. I'm drooling over all the pictures, the words, everything. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pictures! I love the "We Are Photographers". :)

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.