at our house

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

At our house there are four girls and one boy, mom and dad, and Gamma. At our house we make the smallest of spaces our club houses. At our house we like apple products and animal fur. We like hugs and smiles and The Brady Bunch. We like books and pencils. We like shoes and windows. At our house, we like each other.


There isn't a day at our house when there isn't childish screams or the fierce hushing of loud voices. The yelling of the little girls as they do their morning chores is quite funny. Their humming and bouncing. Their stomping and their screams. They have little tempers and do silly things. They're adorable.
Just last night, apparently my eight year old sister 'stomped too hard,' and hurt her foot. When they wake up in the morning, they jump into dad's chair and watch their favorite shows. (Dr. Quinn, Arthur, Dinosaur train, Little House on the Prairie.) Every morning they feed the pets together. And when I'm done putting together videos and they're about to watch them, it's like the midnight premiere of the most awaited movie of the year.

At our house we have two old barns and a four car garage filled with the things that don't fit in the attic, two cars that don't operate correctly, dad's tools, and a great number of unrideable bikes. At our house, sometimes our rooms get so messy we can't walk in them. At our house we ask "what's for dinner," far too many times. And our house? It's my favorite not because what's inside of it, but who. I love you, family.

what goes on at your house?
xo.
megan

19 comments:

  1. the video isn't perfect, which is exactly what i love about it. and that shot of the moon? that's my night and my early morning. beautiful, beautiful post, darling. i think stellar. yes? yes. :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these B&W pictures. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful :) Family time is a a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I think I just died because this was suuuuuuuuuuch a good post. Seriously. Its like my favorite ever. I love this line: "We like hugs and smiles and The Brady Bunch." and this "we ask "what's for dinner," far too many times." Those are my favorite. :) I love our family. We are so cool. :) (especially because we watch so many old + children shows. it makes me laugh.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post!! Like really, it's awesome!! And that video is great! What kind of video camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used my sister's Canon Powershot SD 1400 IS point and shoot. It's definitely not the best quality, but better than our flip.

      Delete
  6. LOVE IT! it sounds a lot like our house... minus the younger girls. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous...everything. the pictures of the wood is amazing. I love the video too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous stufff!!<3 love iittttt!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First off, I love the video. Your sisters are adorable. Secondly, Arthur is such a good show. Yeah, I'm weird. :)

    My family is made up of me, my parents, my five brothers (1 older, 4 younger), my cat & my dog. (My mom will have another baby in September. I wonder if it will be a girl.) Our house is busy. And there's always a lot of excitement. This post is so lovely, Megan. Keep it up!

    Abbie /// XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the video. Your sisters are great. And that may just be my new favorite song♥

    Beautiful shots of the wood, and I love the ones of the kitchen too. What a great post =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so i'm not the only one who watches Dr.Quinn..my favorite of all those good 'throwbacks'
    Our house is full of craziness sometimes but always fun! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dr. Quinn, Little House, cars that don't operate correctly, asking what's for dinner far too many times. Yes. This is exactly us. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Umm... wow. Yes, quite the perfect post.

    The moon shot: stellar.
    The video: homey.
    The b&w: favorite.

    - a c a c i a
    p-o-n-d-e-r-i-n-g.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, this post is too sweet. and true. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love the shot of the cat! your writing is beautiful.
    and your dog is so cute - he reminds me of my own beagle. just wondering, is he always tied up like that?

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh, what song did you use for the video? love your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mentioned it at the end, it's bloom by the paper kites. Thanks!

      Delete

because comments = happiness.