stories, and why I love them

Friday, January 20, 2012

The pages are thick with the black letters. Corners folded; creases torn. They hold a story. A story written by an author far away, or one who no longer lingers on the ground of earth. Their heart poured into it, their mind stripped of ideas. All for one thing: the completion of a story.

The fond memories of being read to, those few moments before the covers were pulled up and the lights turn, out always come with a smile. Those times when, curled up in a blanket, I read deep into the night until my eyes could no longer stay open. And times when sneaking a few words before a shower was only to hold me off until I was out again, engulfed in the story.


Something about words fascinates me. Although words can often be a bother -- trying to remember the correct ones for a test or an essay -- I find them much more than that, though, but as a comfort. When those words are strung together in a story, those words hold so much more meaning. Seeing through the eyes of another person; meeting new people; seeing new things. Words reveal so much with so little.


And this is the reason I love stories so much. Because, for a moment, you are given the chance to be anyone and do anything, and it's like a rare magic only discovered by those who seek it.

what is your favorite book?
xo.
megan

10 comments:

  1. wow. i am at a loss for words. stellar, megan, stellar. :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, Megan! I really enjoyed reading it. :)

    I guess one of my favorite books to read would have to be "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Last Battle". It's one of those books that I want too see made into a film! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photography is so simple, yet I LOVE it. And that quote is really cool -- I like what you did there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautiful. I love the antique looking books, and the water colors+pastels are so inspiring. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I love books! I have a whole list of favorites. :)
    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures+words! I love any Lynn Austin and Beverly Lewis, to name a few.(:

    http://this-real-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful... :) Loved this post! Beautiful pictures... I love books; stories; the history they have seen... especially old ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, gorgeous photos <3

    Right now I'm reading The Lord of the Rings books and let me just say they are amazing. I finished The Fellowship of the Ring (Book 1) today, and I'm just about to start on The Two Towers (Book 2).

    Lovelovelove,

    Abbie /// XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I have so many favorite books. In particular, classics and the Bible!
    Those photos make me want to hug a book. :)

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.