winter inspiration

Friday, December 2, 2011

Winter -- or just merely december -- is a wonderful time to have a bout of inspiration, no?
This lovely season is full of reds, whites, and lights. I love it.
via: this etsy shop on this pinterest page from my holiday board

via: this site on this pinterest page from my holiday board

via: Carlotta at Pastor's Girl's Ponderings on this post

via: this site on this pinterest page from my holiday board

via: this site on this pinterest page from my holiday board

via: this site on this pinterest page from this pinterest board

via: this site on this pinterest page from this pinterest board

via: this site on this pinterest page from this pinterest board

via: this site on this pinterest page from this board


via: this site on this page
I have recently discovered that the best way to become inspired is to surround yourself with inspiration. With pictures on the wall, the background of my computer, and even doodles on the sides of my pages. Inspiration is a peculiar thing. It fluctuates between being there and being gone. I often find myself searching for inspiration in many different places. And suddenly, I realize -- inspiration is right in front of me; all I need do is stop looking, and notice.

I have noticed that those who go searching for inspiration are the ones who never find it. Usually, we are either searching in the wrong place, or we already have what we are looking for.

What are your thoughts on inspiration? Where do you find it most?
-megan

10 comments:

  1. "red, whites and lights". that sounds like something out of a poem. i think i'm going to write a poem on it.

    where do i find inspiration? from the people i spend most of my time with. my grandparents. all the bloggers i've met. from food photography. the cold weather from up north. you. this was so beautiful. i love it.
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. inspiration usually comes to me after seeing anything that either means a lot to me, or is just plain pretty. It touches that feminine creativeness in me...

    Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm, Love the new design Megan!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pinterest, baby. i love that sight so much for inspiration!! and your pinterest is one of the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. winter/fall are definitely the best season for fashion and inspiration!:D
    -Tori
    www.fashiontrendsmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you! this coming from a girl who spent more than a month completely lost and un-inspired. it's a tricky thing, inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of those pins. Pinterest is so amazingly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Red, whites, and lights. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. * heart melts * because I seriously love these pictures, and this blog. Your blog reminds me of pastor's girl's ponderings: every post is so beautiful and relates so well with the readers!

    Have a lovely december!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this!! and i love pinterest ;)

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.