on the eve of christmas

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Christmas eve, blog friends! The ground is still green, but christmas cheer is oh so strong. We're spending the night at our grandparent's, as we do every year. We're already having such a lovely time.

/// so many christmas secrets
/// dipping pretzels in chocolate
/// baking messes, of course
/// brown paper packages tied up in strings
/// warm houses
/// breakfast, lunch, and dinner
/// mint m&m's (which are my favorite)
/// knitting
/// writing
/// photographs
/// christmas lights
/// laughter
/// packing for the night at grandma's
/// the fact that my little sister brought a lantern so she could see her way to the bathroom
/// christmas cookies
/// shouting "it's a christmas miracle" after everything new/odd/unusual happens
/// opening secret santa presents on christmas eve
/// the stack of gifts in the corner
/// playing games
/// watching it's a wonderful life
/// listening to christmas music


what are you doing this christmas eve?
-megan

p.s. sidebar facelift. like?
p.p.s. follow up from last post: I love what some of you said about going to Jesus to be free of fear. So true. You are all so wise.

8 comments:

  1. I love it's a wonderful life!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm watching Judy Moody and eating Swedish Fish w| my little sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "shouting 'it's a christmas miracle"' me and my sister are quite the notorious ones for doing this. and that second photo is gorgeous. and so is the sidebar. great post, merry Christmas :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a wonderful Christmas :)

    I looove the sidebar! except for one thing... i sorta don't get how it says your blog is "concealing" your thoughts, photos, and words. seems more like revealing :)

    Merry Christmas! :)

    oops, i used too many smiley faces again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you're having a beautiful Christmas! I love the second photo, your little sister's lantern, and...basically everything about this post. Merry Christmas! <3

    -larkin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas! :) My church had a Christmas Eve service and a soup supper last night, so we went to that, and had a great time there! ;) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We watched Elf! So many good laughs :)

    Merry Christmas!

    abbie-xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, the "it's a christmas miracle!" made me smile cause I can totally picture my family doing that! (: Merry Christmas, dear!

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.