good morning.

Monday, December 5, 2011

me + doodles on my page of church notes






I wake to the subtle silence of every room cloaked in a thin darkness. The sun is nearly finished rising. My nose is cold; my fingers frozen. Papers lay on my nightstand and floors. I force myself to get out of bed -- out into the cool air from under the warmth of my blankets. Good morning, monday.

Later, I find myself braving the cold yet another time as my feet -- dressed in pink socks -- venture out the door. December air greets me. My legs carry me down the driveway with one destination in mind: the mailbox. Four letters tucked under my arm, rocks crunch under my shoes. My numb fingers slide the letters into the mailbox, pushing the little red plastic flag up before practically running back to the door. Before I leave, though, I take a moment to breathe in the beauty of the morning landscape. I realize we both have a thing in common: we're bracing ourselves for the snowy winter storms soon to come.

How was your morning, dear reader?
-megan

15 comments:

  1. my morning was something of the same. i slept in my blue snowflake socks, and awoke to find it nearly 10am. just a little bit late. i brewed some duchess tea, drank the whole pot, and proceeded to my school.
    this was such a beautiful post. the first and last photos are my favorite. also, don't you just love doodling?
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very much love your photos Megan! Especially the first one with the doodles!
    My morning consisted of getting up early to get out the door for my co-op. Not much excitement and it was VERY cold! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good morning... a little late. :D and are those Harry Potter glasses I spot on your doodlings? *air high-five*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous post. Monday's have never been my favorite, but sometimes I view them as an adventure. Only sometimes though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your doodles are so adorable! Love them, and all of the other b&w pictures. :)
    My morning involved sleeping in, making jewelry, doing school, and organizing sales. It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are very good at doodling :)

    my morning? i set my alarm clock for 8:00, but when it rang, i was so tired (went to bed at midnight last night!) that i couldn't get up. so i snoozed until 9:00. i woke up feeling a lot more refreshed.

    abbie-xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute post! :) I love your black and white photos. :) You're really good at doodling.

    Serenity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Megan, i love your pictures, and thoughts, and pins, and yeah. you're fantastic. ;)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely post Megan! I enjoyed it a lot! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're pictures are always so amazing!! I love this post! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully written. Love the photos! Black and white is pretty awesome. Hahaa, I love your doodles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those doodles! Those photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am happy I happened upon your blog the other day. I should have mentioned it when I saw you at the coffee shop =) I can really not believe your age, you must be an old soul, as some people say (though we don't believe in reincarnation, do we, lol). In any case, you remind me so much of myself. Except you have found yourself and confidence at a much younger age =) I am intrigued and I am a fan.

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.