fourteen happy things

Sunday, December 18, 2011





I'm sitting here writing with horrible news: us iowans will most likely not have a white christmas. It's beyond horrible, I know. However, since christmas is only seven incredibly short days away and I am ever so excited as it is -- I suppose I could live without the wintery blanket of snowy goodness.

I am in complete disbelief that december 2011 is more than halfway lived already. With the midterm history test finished, only one comp paper remaining, and holiday goodies hidden in my room to keep from little eyes, christmas is approaching all too fast. I find myself wondering where the time has gone. I await the times when life will slow down, but the truth is: I'm always going to be busy. Honestly that's okay, though. Because the things I do, the activities which consume my time are what make life wonderful.

This weekend has been a busy (surprised?) and lovely one, despite the un-snowy news. I have found many happy things.

001. winter sunsets
002. christmas shopping trips to the mall
003. holiday parties (more on this soon!)
004. christmas present to my sister (pictured in last photo)
005. finally christmas break
006. blog ideas
007. doodles
008. family photos
009. christmas in seven days
010. reading
011. writing letters
012. photographs
013. inspiration
014. crocheting

The list could go on. But I find fourteen a good stopping point.

what are your happy things?
-megan

12 comments:

  1. ooh, i feel for you. because us wisconsinites might have to go snow-less this year too. it's dreadful. but we'll make it through the holidays! :) lovely post, as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's okay. we're in texas and we have no snow possibilities at all. i mean, it's texas for goodness sake. and your photos are gorgeous. love 2, 3, 4. and i also agree with everything on your list. lists are awesome, and so are you. :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. we probably won't have snow in maine either :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh, yay for 002! those area always fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always have green Christmas's here; but I dearly hope your Christmas will be merry and bright nevertheless! Your list of happy things makes me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i dont like snow.. and here in NC we rarely get any.. so im happy =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate that we don't have snow. Its sad.
    Also Christmas shopping was fun- it just lasted TOO LONG.
    Also, way to copy my picture! Just kidding.
    I like this post (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's weird not having snow here, as i am an iowan too:) but i am enjoying not having to drive in the snow yet:P

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha. i think it's funny that people get mad about not having snow on christmas. because where I live, it's totally miraculous and amazing to have a white christmas. i guess it just makes you appreciate it more.

    fourteen is my favorite number :) I love the second picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Megan,

    Great post. I love the pictures. Btw, what kind of camera do you use? I've been thinking about upgrading mine. :)

    Love,
    Kelsey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. um, um, um, that notebook you're giving to your sister is SO DARN CUTE. :3

    ReplyDelete
  12. no snow over in NC either. we were spoiled last year...we went to bed on Christmas night and woke up to inches of snow. guess it's back to rain for us!

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.