fly free

Friday, December 23, 2011





"I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on earth. Then I ask myself the same question." -Harun Yahya

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"

"What would you do if you were not afraid?"

It seems to me that fear always has a hold on us. We fail to realize that practically everything we do not do is because of fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of failure, fear of what might happen. But then I ask myself: What would I do if I had no fear? Suddenly, I realize that fear is a choice. If I were to choose adventure, choose happiness, choose hope -- fear would disappear. Chances are that if I merely tried, I would be happier with an "oh well" than a "what if." 

The way I see it, there are two ways to look at everything: the good, or the bad. Think about it. Can you think of one thing that couldn't have two sides -- for yourself or any other person? I can't. Life without fear seems like a lovely one, no? So why not choose to recognize the good in everything instead of the bad? Instead of imagining all the horrible things that could go wrong, think of the good that could come. Fear could vanish if you choose.

What are your thoughts on fear? Is it a choice or inescapable?
-megan

7 comments:

  1. my fear is my mind. because my mind goes nonstop, it can come up with possibilities that are beyond even my worst nightmares. and yet, i see this fear as a choice. i choose to think nonstop. i choose to come up with these possibilities. it is all apart of me.

    beautiful post, very thought provoking. this helped me in more ways than you know.
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome post! I know for a fact that I worry and I'm fearful wayyy too much...something we all need to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give my fear to God, for fear is just a lie.

    Lovely post, Megan!(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, fear has always been a hard thing. Fear of the unknown being the most ominious. However, once I realized I was fearing people most of the time and not fearing God, I realized my mistake.
    I don't think fear is a bad thing; it's just what you do with it. I find when I begin to fear God rather then man, I embrace a greater freedom then I've ever experienced.

    P.S. Letter coming soon. Promise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! I think that we don't choose fear but we can choose to overcome it. I think for many people, fear can become a prison that keeps us from living our life, joy, peace, and even God. But I love those verses that talk about how Jesus came to set us free. I think that the only way to be truly free from fear, at least for me, is Jesus. :) Anyways, this post is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Completely a choice! Thank you for sharing your perspective on this-I agree and I loved your question, "What would you do if you were not afraid?".

    <3
    blessings

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.