thankful

Thursday, November 24, 2011

I awake to the chirping of birds outside my window. They are chattering away at each other, resting on the highest most branch of the tallest tree. The trees have long since been bare and as they sway to and fro in the wind, their empty branches shudder. The sky is a sweet grey-blue. The rolls baking in the kitchen let off a satisfying aroma which drifts up the stairs and into our warm rooms full of sleeping children.

Walking down the stairs, I hear the Thanksgiving Day Parade playing in the living room as the laughter of my little sisters echos through the house, ringing on for a few beautiful moments.

It is Thanksgiving and I have much to be thankful for.

I have much to look forward this lovely day. seeing aunts, uncles, and grandparents. the lofty smells of food baking. the smiles and laughter of family. the warm fire my grandmother insists on having every year. and lots and lots of wonderful food, piling high on tables and countertops.









happy thanksgiving, lovelies.
-megan

p.s. new december design installed. thoughts?

14 comments:

  1. Happy thanksgiving, Megan! I am thankful for you and your blog- so inspiring and encouraging! :)

    I love the new design. So clean and peaceful! I don't like blogs that feel messy and chaotic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. handwritten notes. i loved this. happy thanksgiving, darling! i'm so thankful for you. you're such an inspiration to me.
    loving the new design! :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy thanksgiving! and i love your new design - it is so classy and chic.
    -kinga

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cute! :) I love your new design....very creative and adorable! ;]

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so darn cute how your sister is reading with your dog. <3 I do that all the time with my dogs and it makes me so happy. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. I just love your post like... so, very much. Seriously. I just... absolutely LOVE them! The pictures, words -- everything! -- just beautiful. And not to mention the new design: again, I'm smitten.

    xo Acacia

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the new design!! happy thanksgiving!
    -francesca-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful new design and post! Happy Thanksgiving. :)

    ~Hannah

    http://hannahherself.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This pics of the kids are so sweet. The fire ones are very cool. You write so beautifully. You have a very cute blog here:)
    I love your thankful list. Hand written notes are a favorite of mine too:)
    Happy thanksgiving dear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Megan!

    I would like to invite you to a special challenge we are doing next year: faithfully memorizing 52 verses!! I know that it is difficult for an individual to continue in their memory of God’s Word, yet it is so important! So we are hoping to get a good-sized group of people who are committed to memorize one verse each week in 2012. Would you like to join us?? You can find out more about it at 52weeks52verses.blogspot.com


    ~Ana Renee
    www.52weeks52verses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the new design! And I LOVE Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The advantage to him is that he gets a new counter top and gets help paying for it. The obvious advantage to you is that it will cost you less to repair the damage you caused. All is not lost though. You get to live in a place with a new kitchen countertops.

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.