see the world

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

This morning at nine thirty, after hastily getting dressed, I stepped out into the brisk morning air. Tiny white flakes sleeted from the cloudy skies above: the first snow. My heart leapt as I saw the snowy beauties. Not a single flake is still resting on iowa's green floor, but the mere knowledge that we've finally had our first snow makes my heart wholly happy.


As I climbed into our van, gazing out the windows at the two sided autumn-winter landscape, we drove peacefully to the eye doctor's. The long awaited day had arrived for my younger sister--they day she was getting her glasses. The eye doctor's had ordered a pair of blue and black frames for her to try on, but she wasn't quite sure they were the ones she wanted.

Naturally, I was there, paired with my camera. I snapped a few photos while helping her decide which ones to choose. She, smiling, chose a black pair with flowers on the side. She couldn't possibly be cuter.


she opposes my picture taking.

She is really liking them, and the fact that she can now see clearly. What a cutie.

--megan

7 comments:

  1. all of you guys up north talking about snow makes me jealous. beautiful photos! :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I love snow. <3


    xoxo, hayley

    ReplyDelete
  3. no snow here . . . yet. I'm hoping we have to wait till december though. I sorta am not friends with winter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was hardly snowing silly.
    Also she looks so cute in her glasses. So glad I told her not to get circle ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. she looks so cute in those glasses! very pretty. :)

    love,
    ~Bree

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your new blog design! You totally should leave it like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cute! she really looks a lot like you!

    -Carli

    P.S. I'm hosting a photo challenge. Check it out! http://reflectionsaphotographyblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/snapshot-saturday-holiday-decore.html

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.