Weekend.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Weekends are always my favorite. A time to relax; to refresh; to merely gaze into the nighttime sky in awe of it's overwhelming beauty. This weekend was full of adventure and pleasure. Partnered with my new beauty, most of it was spent looking through the viewfinder, snapping photographs. However, there were a number of others as well.

saying 'yes' instead of 'no' to playing with my little sister.my little sister is always nagging me to play with her. Usually, I have school to do, or otherwise make up a 'logical' excuse. This weekend? I said yes

messing around on the piano.from actual good melodies to horrific tunes, I played them all this weekend.


Nostalgia. I finally got around to creating and designing my 365 blog this weekend; naming it nostalgia. read here to see the story behind the name.


car rides to church with family. every sunday morning, we leave our home somewhere between 8:00 to 8:20 am. We make a 45 minute trip to church. And anywhere from 1:00 to 3:00, we leave for home. The sights from outside the windows are lovely.


 youth group. every week, my friend melissa calls me up and asks me to come to youth group with her. We should really establish the fact that I will just go every week, but she calls just the same. And this week, I had the pleasure of watching her breakaway play, which was hysterical. 


the library. somehow, I convinced myself that I needed to get three books from the library. I plan to finish at least one of them before it is due. We'll see if this plan is a success.


taking and editing photographs. this one is a given.












journaling. I have finally achieved my goal of journaling more often. I haven't missed a day since wednesday!


nanowrimo. I'm getting excited, y'all. I've got one day left to plan, and then, I'm off to the land of nanowrimo.


reading. I cannot explain how much I wanted to read this weekend. Every sunday, I place a book into my bag, hoping to read it on the way to church. This morning, I was itching to read. I said to myself: "Megan--if you want to read, then read!" So I did. I've been away from reading for such a long time, coming back was wonderful. Remind me not to wait so long next time.


how was your weekend, lovelies? I hope it was wonderful.
--megan
p.s. my sister (feathers and dust) was having problems with site feed. we've fixed it now, but you'll have to follow again: marissamadison.com

8 comments:

  1. looks like you had a pretty fun weekend! i'm sad that it's over. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is really cute! I'm following you for sure. (: Check out my blog (and maybe if you feel like it become a follower). (:

    Serenity

    http://pioneergirl-serenity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely weekend. my favorite photos are the leaves on the gravel and the orange flowers. :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful pictures. Love all the fallish pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved all the pictures! I'm sad the weekend is over too, but I'm excited for NaNo. I spent this weekend serving with our youth group + driving home from Florida. It was a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a great weekend! i love your photography.

    my weekend was great! yesterday i had a disney/pixar movie marathon: monsters inc, finding nemo, and up. :) my weekend-fun continues tonight, though, cause we're going to spend the evening with some close friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omw, I love the first picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pictures! They're really nice.

    I'm excited for NaNo too, can't believe it starts tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.