Fresh >>> New

Sunday, October 23, 2011


With Halloween (going as Harry Potter characters with friends) and NaNoWriMo all in the same weekend, the November design has been installed one week early. I will most likely change the background image of the header later in the middle of November, but for now I'm really loving the new look. Thoughts? I chose the main color to be brown because most of my design color choices are reflected after that month's colors. November is often a dull month with not much going on until the end. I selected my book photo from day eight of my 365 project as the header because I'll be writing one for the month of november and also because the photo turned out surprisingly lovely with nice shades of brown.


I've posted about my fist experience with scrabble tiles before, and couldn't pass up another delightful opportunity. I love these photos simply because I am purely excited for the coming of November. With Christmas music playing and a thunderstorm brewing in the background, this day could not be any more perfect. After journaling, writing, photography, designing, and blogging, it has been a excellent evening.



There are many things I am looking forward to this november. nanowrimo, thanksgiving, the first snow (last year it was in october!), Christmas spirit, my exciting announcement mentioned in this post, journaling, and blogging.


What are you looking forward to this November?


--megan kristine

10 comments:

  1. Forcing someone to comment does really count you know. :P

    Love the scrabble "chips" pictures. (: You're welcome for the christmas music. (:
    (like my overuse of smiles??) (:

    -Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the Scrabble pictures. the entire whimsy of the idea is so charming. <3

    looking forward to NaNoWriMo too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of the scrabble letters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to post photos of your costumes! I wish I could get my friends to dress up in Harry Potter costumes! Haha... might have to be a loner one year. =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm looking forward to thanksgiving dinner, that's what :P loved this post, the first photos were my absolute favorite. your shoes are adorable :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I NEED to try photos with Scrabble tiles! I'd say the first one that says 'November' is Etsy-worthy :)

    I'm looking forward to Christmas spirit, the first snow that actually sticks (our first snow was in September, but thankfully it didn't stick), and a new month of blogging. I can't believe October's nearly gone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanksgiving!!!! :D

    Random note: I LOVE those shoes; I have them in brown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Abby: Definitely will. We haven't actually decided who exactly we're going to be, but we got these old graduation robes at goodwill that look like hogwarts robes. I'm thinking that maybe I'll be Colin Creevey, because then I can bring my camera ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I truly love scrabble tile pictures. I must try that out sometime! And the new look is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shoes... and definitely LOVE the scrabble words!

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.