Fourteen Years.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Last night was my last night of being thirteen. I spent the night journaling and reflecting on my past year of life. I decided upon a number of things I wanted to do for my birthday; which was today. I'd known for a long time that I was going to start 356 project on my birthday, so, obviously, that was at the top of the list. Another thing I had been playing to do for a long while was photo an hour. Today seemed perfect for both.

My photo an hour pictures are definitely not my best; which is far from the point. I took one photo from 7:00 to 4:00, documenting my fourteenth birthday.

my sock choice for today.

getting excited for NaNoWriMo. (add me as a buddy here)

helping my younger sister set up NaNoWriMo (she's still in her jammies)

Spilling Ink and my new cell phone.

playing piano with my younger sister

on the way to the chiropractor 

leaving the ciro

driving home after lunch at wendy's

dance class 8 mile hiking trip.

Miss Reagan's (may I mention how much I adore her name?!) lovely birdie shirt.

Highlights from my birthday:
1. after birthday presents; I'm only $100 away from my Nikon camera. yes, I just squealed.
2. discovering that I've grown 1/4 inch since september. perhaps I won't be 5'1'' for the rest of my life.
3. taking an 8 mile hike with the middle and older dance group. although my bad choice of flip-flops resulted in blisters. 
Now that I have edited, added times, and blogged snapshots from my lovely birthday, packing awaits. I'm taking a visit to York College in Nebraska with my older siblings and two of our friends. I'll be going to a highschool event they are having and staying in Morgan's (you may remember her from Dare You to Move) dorm. It will definitely be extreme fun.

-megan

p.s. don't forget to check out my 365, I'll be adding pictures over the weekend.

17 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, hope you had a great one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Megan!!! Looks like you had a great day! I love photo-an-hour posts. :)

    Hope you have a fabulous 14th year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a fabulous day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, happy birthday! It looks like a pleasant day. I hope you have a wonderful trip, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY!!! I hope your day was amazing!!! May the next year be as exiting and wonderful as the last!

    In Christ
    Hosanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 14th Birthday!! Hope you had fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday, darling!! it sounds like so much fun. which i was there to make you a cupcake :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had an awesome birthday! :) Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Have a fantab 14th year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Megan!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy happy birthday! sounds like lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, Megan!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday I love the photo ever hour idea such a great way to document your birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy (belated) birthday! i definitely want to do this photo-an-hour thing on my birthday (the 28th).

    you get to stay with morgan?! ah, you lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Megan! Hope it was great. There is hope for you to grow more...I grew about 2 in. in my fourteenth year. Finally passed up Mom!

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.