Sweet Autumn Afternoons

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

When we moved to our lovely home a few years ago, there rested two apple trees along the property. As a little girl, I always found the idea of skipping around the yard, casing after butterflies, then taking an apple off a tree for a snack, a wonderful idea. But we had no apple trees then, and, although I did try planting one once, we never got any. Due to my childish daydreams, I was delighted that we had trees here now.

Autumn has now taken over us and some of the apples are now ready to pick. We don't do anything to keep the wee buggies away, so most of them are not very appealing to the eye. But simply the idea of picking apples delights me.




Just spending autumn afternoons outside in the sunlight as it slips beyond the horizon will make me smile out of pure joy. With family, with friends, or with a page in a pen; hands down, I'm in.




what do you enjoy doing during autumn afternoons? 

6 comments:

  1. I enjoy taking photos or reading . . . or going for long, slow walks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy drinking tea, and reading, and writing. :)) Great post, great photos!
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, when I lived in Washington State, we picked apples all the time.
    My favorite things to do are going for morning jogs when it's all chilly and you can see your breath, finding frost on the ground, and curling up under a blanket with a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *And I totally just realized that said Autumn afternoons not Autumn days. xD Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. reading outside with a cup of tea, coming inside & breathing in the fresh air from the open windows, family time outside, and football. you know i had to get that in there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I LOVE your design! And all the autumn-y photos! I've started to notice that the morning golden hour in the fall is so pretty, so I think I like autumn mornings better than afternoons.

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.