the smell of old pages.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

I honestly used to read all the time. Day in and day out, I would read, read, read, turning out one or two books to be put back into the return bin at the library at least every week. Now? I just write. Write day in and day out, I now write, write, write, turning out five to twenty pages daily to be shoved into my unorganized writing notebook.

via

Don't take me for saying that I now dislike writing, because believe me that is never happening. But my point is, I miss reading. I remember long nights where I would read for hours, rushing to finish school to read. I would read late into the night only to sleep a few hours, waking early to read even more. Honestly, how did I finish the 5th harry potter (longest one) in only a week? I will never know.

via

I joined up with the Literary Ladies Discussion Society which will perhaps get me reading more often. But more than that, I have reading scheduled into my day, maybe this will get me reading more. Also, I'm the sort of person who if I don't like a book, I won't finish it. It's awful, but it's true. Any suggestions as to good books?

So here's to reading. and hopefully getting to where I was at. or at least close.

via

9 comments:

  1. Reading and writing go hand and hand. When I read, I want to write. When I write, I want to read.
    A good book? The Blue Castle, if you haven't read it. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound just like me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you and your writing = me and my reading addiction. the cold months are the best for curling up with a book & a cup of tea on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um I'm a HUGE reader but I guess good books depend on your level of reading and what you feel like reading. I loved the Percy Jackson books, I was into horses not long ago and I read lots of great horse series' like Canterwood Crest, Winnie the Horse Gentler, Heartland, if you are looking for a difficult but great historical fiction read A Parcel of Patterns is an amazing book, I love historical fiction, the Dear America books were always great, a short but sweet book was Scarlett (I've been wanting to read that again), a really good series was Sisters of the Quilt if you like an awesome amish series, the Uglies series was a great sci-fi book, so as u can see I read a lot. All those book should last u awhile, they're all AWESOME books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything Agatha Christie please. And The Mysterious Benedict Society series. Oh, and the Penderwicks. Heist Society. The Help. Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really recommend Shannon Hale's books. One of my favorites is The Goose Girl. They are absolutely beautiful. You should check them out, I think you'd like them!

    Also, you can never go wrong with classics - have you read the Anne series by L. M. Montgomery?

    By the way: You should check out goodreads.com. It rocks, and it's a good way to hear about new books and keep track of the books you're reading. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha finished the 5th Harry Potter in a day cause I was sick! Lol I love those books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like me. I used to read tons but then it kinda stopped, now I'm writing like an insane person. I switch back & forth though.

    the left behind books are awesome...you should try those. the first three books aren't as exciting but once you hit the middle of the series, it's oh-so-awesome. so are the red rock mysteries. I'm reading those for the 101th time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. actually the 4th time, but you get the point.

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.