Give me a Revelation.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

You all know about my somewhat of an obsession of pinning all things Harry Potter. I absolutely know that you are thinking "Oh no, not another Harry Potter post", but seriously, hear me out. I simply love Harry Potter because it is an amazing stretch of the imagination and that is something I'm all for. But that's not all. I love Harry Potter because of all the lovely wisdom packed into just seven books. It makes me think all the time. It makes me smile at any given moment. (see some quotes here)

Usually, while on Pinterest, I will search a few things, then go on to find something Harry Potter. But today? Today was completely different. In a sense. Today, I saw this on my front page:
via
Perspective was the caption. I thought to myself "Awesome, perspective!" and searched the word. Which led up to some boards named Faith and Jesus. I began to find millions of wisdom-packed christian quotes and bible verses. I was legitimately so inspired.

via
via
via
via
via
Finding these pins, I realized that the bible offered me the wisdom that Harry Potter does, and more of it too. I've always known this, obviously, but realizing and knowing are two very different things. But tonight, that realization wasn't the only thing that happened.

I've never really been motivated to read my bible. I tell myself to do it, but then end up getting distracted by other things (usually the internet). And I've always had trouble find what to read. How on earth does this passage talking about how you're not supposed to drink have anything to do with my life? But then I found all these amazing verses on Pinterest. And I realize that within those passages, there are those extremely inspiring verses.

I can't explain to you what I learned and discovered tonight, but it was amazing. And you probably have no idea what I'm talking about and this is not a very well written post. But it means a lot to me and hopefully can impact you in a smallish way too.

school awaits. yes. at 9 pm. such a homeschooler.
-megan

3 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have the Third Day song in my head from your title. thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures :) i especially love the list:)

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.