Early Risers

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I for one, have always enjoyed rising early. The knowledge that I have an entire day ahead of me is pure happiness. I have always been one to believe that sleeping in for no apparent reason is a waste of what could have been a perfectly gorgeous day. I find that when I wake up before eight, that I'm more alert during the day and feel better. Waking late starts me off lazy and I quickly dwindle down further as the day goes on.

Envision this: The sun is just peeking up over the horizon, shining into your bedroom window as you turn your alarm off and stretch out onto your back. You unwilling pull away the covers, exposing your already cold toes to the cool air seeping in through the window. Quickly slamming the window shut, you pull on a sweater, a pair of jeans, and two brightly color socks. You drop a tea bag into your steaming pale blue mug as you brush the dust from an old classic resting on the shelf. Taking the book, you step out onto your front porch. You take a seat on the white paint chipped bench, crossing your legs. Slowly taking sips of your favorite flavor of tea, you open the book, indulging into the life and times of characters who lived long ago.

via
I was reading Anne of Green Gables and drinking raspberry tea. My sweater was black and grey and my socks pink and grey stripes. What were you reading?

via
here's to rising early. sunrises. cool air. warm sweaters. and fun socks.

12 comments:

  1. This post makes me want to get up early tomorrow just to see if it's true...I think I will. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love getting up early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could wake up early. Early for me is 8 now a days. I know, pathetic. Mornings are beautiful, though. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh... that picture is ah-ma-zing! Except hot chocolate instead of tea. Mmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. you *almost* make me want to get up early. ALMOST. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!! I'm trying to be a morning person! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! That vision is so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. During the summer, I love getting up early, especially to catch the golden hour and take a few photos. But during the school year, I have to stay up until after midnight to finish homework, and wake up before 6 to catch my bus, and I'm always so exhausted. You are lucky to be home-schooled and get to wake up so late!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm nearly done the 3rd Anne of Green Gables book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so wish I had an easier time getting up in the morning! I hate getting out of my cozy bed, but agree with you - I always feel so much better when I do instead of sleeping in!

    http://sweetandsassy-sherry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love waking up early every once in a while. sometimes that light brings the best photographs.

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.