the heavens open wide as raindrops pour out

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Waking to a little dog lying at my feet, cool air blew in through the windows. Pulling a jacket on after my shower, the skies outside were grey and nothing could have made me happier. With my polka-dotted socks uncovered, I stepped outside, snapping a few photos as I went, a few raindrops ticking my face.

Rain hadn't been seen for weeks and at the first downpour, it delighted me to watch the raindrops fall from outside the car windows, windshield wipers at their highest. Standing in the grand auditorium of a church building, the sheets of rain fell, echoing atop the high walls. I sometimes forget how much I love the rain.




Beauty can be found in many things. For me, raindrops are just one of the many. Perhaps you remember this post. At that time, I didn't write the post because it was raining. I wrote the post because rain is so beautiful to me. Actually, I wrote nothing. I only compiled images.

In spite of the many who shrink under the gloomy skies and the drops falling from the sky; I embrace it. Something about the every so often release of the clouds makes me feel all warm and happy inside. I don't view the raindrops as tears, as most do. I view them as a delightful watering; a shower to the mind; a refreshing drink for the heart.


10 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! Rain makes me happy, too - just not when it's the hurricane kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last picture! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing more fun the jumping through puddles and tilting your head toward the sky while sticking out your tongue trying to catch the sweet taste of rain!

    Beautiful post Megan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES. rain is just...soothing. nothing is better to be than a big cup of hot tea, the end of school for the day in sight, and a book waiting to be read...all while it's raining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. W o w. This post and these pictures -- whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your writing? beautiful. you know, you have been subconsciously (or not) emulating your favorite writers' styles in your own writing -- carlotta, hannah, and olivia -- and it is paying off well in helping you develop your own concise style. there has been more figures of speech and stronger verb usage like "echoing atop high walls" instead of "i heard rain".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love raining too! :) And those pictures are so pretty by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such pretty pictures. :)))
    xx,
    Bleah

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't necessarily love the rain but I LOVE the way you describe it. So magical and lovely... and your pictures are gorgeous! =)

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.