Thankfully, I am still alive.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sorry for leaving you all in the dust for a few days. I'm currently doing a two week activity called College for Kids. I have to wake up at 6:30 and leave at 7:15. We drive for a while and eventually arrive at Coe College in Cedar Rapids.  I then have three classes; Writing for Fun and For Profit, Let's Talk about Books, and Tell it (poetry). That leaves me at home by maybe 1:30 in the afternoon. After this one crazy morning, I check my email, look at new blog posts from my favorite bloggers (aka, the blogs I follow), practice music, frantically try to prepare for 4-H judging, and all of this mixed in with sleepovers, Harry Potter movies, and judging, I've only now found the time to write a blog post.

Let me share with you the highlights of my past week.
1) Harry Potter midnight showing.
     Yes, I most definitely did go to the midnight showing of Harry Potter on Friday morning. It was simply amazing and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I pretty much really want to read the whole series again. Good thing I'm going to the library tomorrow.
not my photo

2) 4-H judging.
     It's that time of year again--4-H judging. This year I entered six photos, a poem, and a descriptive paper. I got a purple (possibility of state advancement) on one photo and blue on the others and blue for both my poem and paper. I'm pretty proud of myself. OH, and I also entered a surprise flower design (everyone gets the same flowers and everyone does something different) which has yet to be judged.

3) Homeschooler party.
     Just yesterday we had a homeschooler get together at one of the student's house. It was lost of fun getting to see a lot of friends from school and getting to play games had have food.

4) Guest posting like crazy!
     I guest posted here a few weeks ago. And I'll be guest posting here, here, and here in the next few weeks. I have problems saying no. But I love it.

Have an amazing Saturday! Pictures soon, I promise.
--Megan

4 comments:

  1. Oh, man, Ditto with the Guest posting!
    Lovely post!
    Glad you got to see Harry potter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Megan! I wanted to tell you that you won the 5x8 print from the giveaway on Sealed for Redemption. If you email me (you will find email on my blog), I can get you all set up! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.