The reason behind the name change.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Hello dear readers. I hope you are having a lovely Monday night (or by the time you are reading this it might in fact be Tuesday morning, afternoon, or night--and possibly even Wednesday). Upon coming to my blog, you probably noticed and small change...well, maybe a bit more than small. But a change nonetheless. And that change--apart from the design--is the name!

The poll varied a lot during the week, and finally I decided to go on with the name change, regardless of what the polls told me. A lot of my close blogging friends have told me that they think it's a good idea, but no one personally has told me that they don't approve of the new name; and that alone tells me one thing--those who know me think it's right to change the name, and those who would rather the old name stay, don't care enough to tell me.

Borderless is slowly but surely becoming a very large part of my life. It's shaping the way I view things and the way I do things. And personally, I think it's amazing.

Recently when a blogging friend emailed me about the name change asking me to go more in depth, I replied with this simple answer:
The reason why I want to change it to borderless is because after I got over trying to realize that I am who I am and that's all I need to be, I've been trying to teach myself to live with no borders; because with God, I can do anything. With his strength I can do anything. Life with borders is something so unfriendly and honestly, just weird on so many levels. Life shouldn't be about holding yourself back, it should be about throwing your whole self out there to serve God. And that's basically what my life is about. That's pretty much why I want to change the name; because trying to be myself isn't such a big deal anymore, leading a life fully for God with nothing holding me back is the most important thing right now and always will be.
 I am very confident in this name change. I full-force practically know that this is the right thing, that with this name change, I can go far. You may think differently, but I will stand by my decision, I feel like it is definitely the right thing.

--Megan

p.s. we might be going to michigan for labor day! *crosses fingers*

14 comments:

  1. Megan - I love this. What you wrote about the name change is simply beautiful. Your design is lovely, of course. :) Everyone needs a change. In fact, I'm thinking of one for myself. All I have to say is Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did do the right thing, dearie. I just adore the new name, and the new design! It's all magnificent. Keep being you, Megan, and all that God has called you to be :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the design and the name! I'm glad you changed it - I think a blog name really "defines" you in a way, and if you change, your blog should change with you. Every human being goes through change, and we shouldn't be afraid of it. =) Here I go on this long preacher talk, when I most likely don't even know what I'm talking about. xD

    Anyways, glad you changed it. =)

    p.s. I'm crossing my fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great name. Even though I voted no, I have to admit, it does have a certain ring to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new design, and name! But the tab still says "Me. Thats all I have to be." Are you going to change that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I agree with you, I loved the name "Me. That's all I Have to Be". But If you think Borderless suits you better, rock on girl!

    It's your blog and your choice and I'm really happy that you didn't let the poll decide for you. :) It also shows how you've changed since you've been blogging, and that's a cool thing to see.

    iGirl/Dani

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Kendra: Yes, I will change it; I was just giving everyone an chance to read this post and get in the know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the new name, and the reasoning behind it; it seems like a name you can stick to, which is the best thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alright! The design is awesome, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! And your design is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the new name and design--simply beautiful! I loved your explanation for the name change as well. Change can be such a good thing at times in our lives!

    xoxo
    Kim
    http://wiggles77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh and i'm crossing me fingers about michigan with ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love, love, LOVE the new blog design and name! I originally voted for your blog to stay "Me. That's All I Have to Be" but I am actually really liking the new name and I like it even more with how you explained how you got the name! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love how you changed your blog title.
    has me thinking about mine.....
    <3

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.