the little things. (Guest post by Delaney)

Monday, June 20, 2011

     Hey guys! Delaney {or Laney} here!Thanks Megan for the opportunity to post! I’m so excited to share with you all!
     With summer finally here, I decided to write my post on something I have been feeling like I need to pay attention to.
As summer beings, the plans and activities that come with summer also start. But not everyday will be planned out with things to do. In fact, most summer days are spent just going with the flow and enjoying the laziness and freedom of summer. Sounds perfect, right? After a few weeks though, the laid back summer days become long, boring days, complaining about having nothing to do.

     I am the type of person who loves to have a plan. I love to know exactly what we will be doing that day or where we will be going. I tend to feel the need to know the smallest details and have an organized, structured day, which is good sometimes. But more times than not, I get so caught up in the fact that I don’t have anything to do that day that I tend to let the little things pass me by.
And I’ve realized that I have so many small things that happen daily to be grateful for  and to embrace. These little blessings that make life beautiful. 
I don’t want to live life focusing so much on the next big event or the next fun plan that I totally miss the less noticeable things God has blessed me with.
So this summer, I’m going to make the extra effort to really pay attention to the small things. 
   
       Whether it be washing the car, spending some time in the sunshine, trying out a new recipe, going for a bike ride, an amazing church service, a pretty manicure, or hanging out at the pool with my family - I’m going to be thankful for every little thing and learn to make these things the highlight of my day. It sounds cliche, but I think that God is really trying to teach me to notice these things and be grateful for them. Every day, especially during the summer when it’s easy to focus on these exciting events and forget about the small things, I’m going to make an effort to really be grateful for it ALL, no matter how big or how little. 
I’m challenging myself this summer to remember these blessings and also capture them with my camera so that I can look back on my day and remember how much I have to be grateful for. 

    I hope this has inspired you all to take a look at these small things in life that we have to be grateful for and find a way to remember them - in pictures, words, drawings - anything. I encourage you to join me in noticing life and being abundantly thankful for it.
Ephesians 5:20 “Always give thanks to the Father for everything in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.”
thank you all for reading! ♥




I'm Delaney, a 13 year old homeschooled girl, living life daily to glorify my Savior. I love Jesus, sunshine, family, nail polish, photoshop, the color teal, blogging, friends {both online and in real life!} worship music, photography, owls, and my church. I blog over at Got Freckles, where I share pictures and words about my daily life in the south. I also own a design site with my sister, 2X Design.  thanks for reading!






8 comments:

  1. Great post Laney! :) It really inspired me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Really made me think about what I should really be doing in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post, Delaney! I personally like the laziness of summer, when you can spend hours reading or writing or taking photos... or blogging, as I'm sure I'll be doing this year! ;) It's so laid-back and relaxing. :)

    I'm off to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Laney, it really spoke to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you guys so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post!! I'm like that too so it's a good reminder! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.