There's so much more that's going on

Saturday, May 14, 2011


"You may think // I'm just fine // how could anything ever be out of line? // I take my time // to set the stakes // make sure everything // is all in place // Even though I've got the lines rehearsed // a picture only paints a thousand words /// Things aren't always what they seem // you're only seeing part of me // there's more than you could ever know behind the scenes // I'm incomplete and I'm undone // but I suppose like everyone, there's so much more that's goin' on // behind the scenes."             -Behind the Scenes, Francesca Battistelli
     A lot of time, bloggers look like they have everything together. Their lives seem perfect. Nothing looks wrong. How could it be?


     The truth is, there is so much more to all of our lives. The problem is, we don't want to share the bad, or the imperfect. We don't want to tell our readers and followers about the unsound things in our lives. Sometimes, we even want everyone to think that our lives are a breeze. We want them to think we are perfect.


     Truly, you are only seeing part of me. There is so much more than you could ever know. You don't know my struggles or my failed attempts. You don't know my joys or my sorrows. All you know is my words.


     Sometimes, we even try to get ourselves to believe that what we write is who we are. That our blogs display our lives perfectly. Everyone understands completely, who I am and what my life is like, right? This is so far from the truth, it's insane.

  
      Frequently while I'm reading blogs, I feel like I'm looking at their lives through a water splattered window. I feel like something is missing. They are missing. They never post about their life, for fear that it's too boring. Or perhaps, they are afraid that whoever they are, whatever they are, won't be understood, that they will be over looked. That they aren't good enough.


     Wipe the window down, and let the sun shine. Shed your cover, and show your life. You'll be much happier, you'll feel more free. Your followers and readers will know you better. Let your life shine through, don't keep anything back. Don't be afraid of who you are.


     I haven't been doing a very good job of sharing my life you you readers and followers. I've just kept my life to myself. I'm not exactly sure why I've never shared my life much with you dear friends. Maybe it was because I thought it was boring, maybe I was afraid of what you all would think of me. But part of taking another step in the journey of being myself is sharing with you who I truly am. There's so much that you don't know about me, but don't worry, you're about to learn it all soon. Come take a step into my life. It's a little crazy, but you'll get used to it.

-megan

13 comments:

  1. Megan, I love you! Seriously, I have an unfinished post that I've been writing for sometime on this subject!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Megan! I am so glad you feel that way. I am always afraid to write about my life because nobody will ever comment or anything. I need to write about my life more often instead of just attempting to be like everyone else and try to be a good poem writer when I'm not. I might make a similar post. I will give the link to yours if I do.

    Thanks Megan!

    ~Iona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for writing this Megan! You are blessed with an incredible gift of writing!

    Have a blessed Sunday!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS POST.

    Seriously... I couldn't agree more. There are times when I don't want anybody to know that I have any faults or troubles, where I want people to not recognize me being imperfect.

    And then I post pictures of my messy room.

    And all my pride goes down the drain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it Megan! I try to do this on my blog too, but after reading this, I am going to talk about my life - with the goods AND bads - a lot more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post, my dear! Actually, I was going to do a post like this today! I don't think I will, but it's really meaningful and I'm going to have to think about what I write on blogger.
    Great job :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL post, Megan! I love it. :) Fantastic job, and I can't wait to read more from you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, Megan! I've always wondered what you really do with your life, and the everyday stuff. My blog is basically like that, and I really enjoy looking back at old posts, especially in Egypt. I love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a true post megan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great post Megan! I'm definitely looking forward to reading about the real you! Lovely photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've tried to be real and honest on my blog. It's hard sometimes to put it all out there. But I have found the more I do, the more it encourages others who are walking the same hard journey in life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful post. I couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.