Summer = goodbye, rearranging, and utter excitement.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

      Yesterday I said goodbye to my schoolwork. It is now neatly (ha!) stacked in my pink basket. Goodbye. (until fall, that is.)



And all of my school files are saved on this cute pink thing.

     The reason why my school notebooks are actually put away (because, trust me, they wouldn't be if we hadn't) is because my sister and I rearranged our bedroom on saturday. Oh joy.
Before

During

After (photo credit, Marissa)
     The remainders of my under-the-bed-monster is still lurking in front of my desk (I'm too lazy to clean it up), but one thing is for sure, our room looks and feels so much more open. One thing that is missing is the decoration. And, well, we're still working on that.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      Do you remember my post about wanting Spilling Ink? Well, guess what my mom did on friday. Yep. She ordered it from Amazon. Eeek! I'm so excited about getting Spilling Ink. I'm not even kidding, it's the best book in all of the world. 
     Speaking of writing, I'm doing some serious work on Maggie Blake right now. I made a plan to write 400 words each day to get it fully rewritten by the 12th of June. My total word count should come out to be 30,000. I know, big drop from 50,000. Okay, I guess it's not that big. It's depressing though. My hard work all gone. Okay. It was all junk anyway, so I guess I'm doing okay. you can read more about this Maggie Blake rewriting, here (on my writing blog).

-megan

7 comments:

  1. lucky duck! we still have 4 (or so) weeks of school left and finals are literally killing me. xO

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 16, 2011

    I agree with hayley. =P I'm gonna have to do school through the summer since I was sick for four months.

    I just like to keep my room neat as I go. I'm a neat freak...but my sister, Anna. *ahem* Is not.

    I want to read Spilling Ink, but I'm not so sure if it's a better book than the Bible. :-P

    When you're done with Maggie Blake, are you just gonna print it out on like paper and sell it on etsy? Can you do that? Or do you even know what you're going to do with it when you're done?

    By the way, this is Kendra -- this computer won't let me sign out of my blogger account for some silly reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucky lucky oh so lucky. I have math all through summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, yay, isn't rearranging fun? Or is my family just crazy? LOL

    Yesterday we did a LOT of rearranging. (Not too unusual in my house. ;) Me and my sisters have all had separate bedrooms for a year or two now, and I've had a bedroom downstairs, but yesterday we moved me upstairs, and my sisters and I have decided to share a bedroom! The bedroom that used to be my sister Jordan's is our bedroom, and the one that used to be my sister Riley's is our "studio", "rec room", or "room with all the desks and bureaus where we hang out and where I'm commenting from now". LOL

    Anyway, I'm hoping to blog about it today, so I'll stop leaving this annoying long comment on YOUR blog. xD

    But where was I? Ah yes, rearranging is fun. :) And awesome about the book - I <3 books! I guess I'll have to look that one up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I have the same as emily!!! (math thu summer!)
    yes, so lucky!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you're crying your eyes out because school is over! I'll send you the rest of my english so you won't feel bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you're very blessed to be done with your school year, Megan!! That must be wonderful! :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.