Peacefulness

Sunday, May 8, 2011


     Yesterday, I visited one of my most favorite places on earth: Camp. My family in I were helping out camp staff clean up the camp grounds to be ready for the 2011 camp sessions, which are only one month away!
    The sky was full of pure white fluffy clouds and the sound of children's laughter could be heard from all corners of the grounds. The mess hall was buzzing with the excitement of campers and staff, eager to help with the cleanup.




     I've gone to camp almost every year for as long as I can remember. Only good memories are made at camp. Camp is just a place for us all to cool down and relax. To just be at peace.


     In June, when the camp sessions begin, I know exactly how it will start: Old friends will freak out, scream, and hug, and new ones will say hello. We'll lug our bags all the way down to the last cabin; our home for the next three weeks. The sun will be beating down on our faces as we trod down to the mess hall, seeking the comfort of the large fans. The week will go on. They'll be smiles, laughter, games, and fun. But all in all, the most important part of those three weeks is our growing relationship with God.
     That's my favorite part of being at camp. God seems to be so close. There's not a moment when I feel like I'm the weird-o christian girl, because everyone else there is just like me. We're all striving to be better christians, and the staff is helping us achieve that relationship.


     I never want to loose the feeling of camp. I never want to loose that beautiful peacefulness.

p.s. What it the world? 181 followers? Y'all are amazing.

5 comments:

  1. I go to this AHHHH-MAZING country camp and I know the feeling of God being close. It seems like he's closer there then at home, and I think the reason is there's no distraction from his annointing. You know? At home there's family, friends, school, and just the everyday noises of a regular life, and I think it leads some people away from God. Not forever, just to the point where it's really hard to hear that still, small voice of his, and maybe not hear it at all. I've personally struggled with that.
    Anyway, I shouldn't ramble on.
    Great post! I loved your pictures :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love camp too, Megan. I don't know if we'll have enough money to send us there this year, and besides, I don't really want to worry my parents with Dad having surgery and us moving. But I hope you have a fun time -- and three weeks -- that's awesomely long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. as sad as this is, i've never been to camp. EVAH. i'm working on it, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to camp... but you make it sound lovely! I hope you had a great time cleaning up, and I bet you'll have a wonderful time at camp this summer! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Camp is it?
    I'm going to camp in July!

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.