Lovely You :: Week 1 // Inner Beauty

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

     First off, I'd like to say that I was really surprised by the responses I got back from my introduction video! I'm glad you all liked it!
     Today I have the first video of the series: a video about Inner Beauty.


I forgot to add to the video: You can't go outside and play in the mud and still expect to be clean. Just like that, you can't get forgiveness from God once and think that you're clean for the rest of your life. You have to try as hard as you can, and then some, to stay clean, to keep your inner self beautiful. You still have to love, you still have to help, you still have to care with all your heart.

     Let me know any comments, thoughts, suggestions, or ideas for this video and the videos to come! These videos really are quite fun to film and the scripts are fun to write too. A new video will be posted soon (in about a week).

-megan
p.s. in case you caught this in the video, yes there were bugs flying around (and biting too). 

9 comments:

  1. this is beautiful. you are beautiful. I can see your inner beauty shining! thanks for the encouragement today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was really good!
    Can't wait to see the next one!!
    ~Eden

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really neat. It really made me think "How many times have I cared more about what I look like on the outside but on the inside I was dirty and rotten?". Thanks, that was a really cool video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a good job putting that together!

    My own thoughts about inner beauty: when you have beautiful thoughts, they show. Even if you think you're ugly, if you're positive inside, it shows. There's a good quote by Roald Dahl about it:

    "A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely."

    Enjoy making the rest of your videos, I'm sure they'll inspire others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I agree, it's more important to look on the inside than to care about how we look on the outside. Then we'll end up being barbie dolls, we look nice, but inside we're just plastic.

    iGirl

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was great! Thanks for encouraging others to focus more on their life with God!(=

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job on the video. One of the girls in my grandparent's neighborhood was talking about how my sisters and *ahem* I were so pretty, and I said, "You're pretty too. In fact, I think everyone is pretty, if they act nice. It's strange you know, how there could be a really pretty girl, but she's stuck up and mean to everyone else. I wouldn't think she was pretty then."

    Sometimes we say, "I don't like how I look. My hair is like this and so on." But really, how we look in on the inside, not the outside. How we are in the inside shines through the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Megan,

    I will never forget how you said, "If your inside is ugly, nothing beautiful can come out." That in itself was enough to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome video, Megan! It's very encouraging! =)

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.