Freedom is so close, I can feel it.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

First off, I'd just like to say that all of you are amazing. I logged in today to find 17 comments and 8 new followers. That's completely insane. You all deserve a huge hug.
 School. Dreaded by all.  Taught by many.

     I don't think I can survive one more week. I've been away from writing far too long for comfort, and I have a permanent pencil indent on my finger from doing art homework.

April 29th

     Being homeschooled, you're probably thinking that I'm over exaggerating completely, but hear me out. I watched the seventh Harry Potter (part 1) movie (that's two and one half hours) twice (that's five hours!) while doing one subject yesterday. Now doesn't that just change your view on homeschoolers-have-all-the-time-in-the-world-and-they-have-barely-no-school-work?
     Don't get me wrong, I love being at home, sitting in bed, sleeping in (ha!), and more enjoyable work, but goodness does it gets tiring. and long. 

April 30th

     You know that feeling when something is so close, yet so far? That's how I'm feeling right now. I only have seven days left of school, but in order to get to the end I have to 
write poetry
do a final art project
perform a song on my flute

April 30th

     After all that tiring work, I'm free. Free from homework, free from school, free from everything. I can just write, and write, and write, and write and... well, I think you get the picture.

May 2nd

     Life is like a whirlwind, until finally it realizes that 'oh, maybe this is too much for her to do at once', and suddenly everything comes to an abrupt stop, and finally you can breathe.

May 3rd

     I have some amazing things planned to do here on my blog this after school gets out/this summer and trust me, this is going to be amazing. More posts, More comments (from me to you, not you to me), More following (love that one), More Freedom.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds great, Megan! Well, watching movies does make your school go slower, at least for me. =P I loved the pictures in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I think your title says it all. But unfortunately, we had a break in the middle of the school year, so we cannot stop at the same time as 'regular kids'. :( I envy you your freedom!

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendra: I only watch movies while I do my art homework, and it actually HELPS, because you don't get bored (well, as quickly anyway) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm not homeschooled, but i'm with ya. i counted yesterday and there's only 61/2 more weeks until summer (well at my school, at least.) i don't think i can handle SIX weeks. :) the day school gets out is going to feel soooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! 7 more days. You can do it! Haha. =) We don't get out for summer though... :( My parents say it's really hard to start back up again when you take such a long break in the summer (for us, anyway). And sadly, I agree with them. Lol!

    But it's all good.... we won't be doing as much school, and we'll take breaks for camping (sometimes we bring along school though) and boat riding, and water skiing, and rafting, and bbq-ing with friends, and picnics, and family bike rides, and going-to-the-park-just-cuz-we-can times. Aahhh, summer, Pu-Leeeeezzee hurry up! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait until summer!! You're very lucky to be allowed to watch movies and do schoolwork. I'm homeschooled, too, but my mom says school + media = distraction. Of course she's right, but I must confess to doing it once.
    I can't wait until your new posts :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice captures of the sky. It seems to hold a lot of drama.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the last picture, Megan! It's super cool!

    I'm totally ready to be out of school as well, only a couple more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all these pictures! Especially the one you linked up! :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh yes. homeschooling isn't all sunshine and lollipops like most ppl think, thankyouverymuch!! but! it's awesome nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm homeschooled too! I have around 2-3 more weeks....

    new follower btw.... through allie photography!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ihope school gets beter for yoU!
    I have been struggling through the same thing!
    Lovely pictures!
    Do you have a camera?
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.