Childhood.

Friday, May 27, 2011


     As a little girl, I was obsessed with everything cowgirl. Lassos, horses, boots, leather--the whole lot of it.  I had a really big imagination and was always playing that the back of our chair or a couch cushion was a horse. I loved the clip-clop sound of my small red cowgirl boots hitting our kitchen floor's surface.


     Eventually I grew out of my cowgirl phase, and my tiny red boots which no longer fit my growing feet, were placed in a box, waiting for the next sibling, who, in turn, grabbed my red boots out of the box. But they did not marvel at the red surface or dream of living the cowgirl life or obsess over Jessie (yes, from Toy Story). They did not scuff up the toes or leave black marks on the kitchen floor from the heels. They did not spend every hour trying to work the lasso. They didn't make a small part of my childhood their own, because it was already mine.


     Sometimes, parts of our childhood can be forgotten, but there are always those small things that sick out, never to be forgotten. Like a pair of red cowgirl boots.



--Megan

p.s. New design? like, love, hate? 
p.p.s. Macro life? let's just say I fail at weekly things. I'm busy this summer so can't stay on a posting schedule. maybe this fall.

11 comments:

  1. nice post, Megan! I really like your new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, i can remember my obession with Jessie & all things Midwestern, but my dream was crushed when i found out i was deathly afraid of horses.... ;)
    p.s. love the new design!
    p.p.s i stink at weekly things too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss being little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE the new desigN!! super cute! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your new design! And this post. Those red boots are awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute design, Megan! And I love the photos of your red cowboy boots. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love a stuffed animal dog that was called "Gigi". I sometimes pretended she was Toto from the Wizard of Oz. I was always pretending stuff too! I still do, actually. =P

    I love the new design! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the design. I know what you mean about childhood. Sometimes you just want to go back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwwh! I remember when I was what (four?) and had a pair of little white cowboy or should I say *cough* "cowgirl" boots. I am loving the photos too! Red + boots = awesome. ^_^

    Amd by the way - I would be following your blog, BUT my feisty, naive, annoying computer has decided not to let me (AND it won't let me comment using my google account...urg). ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. Love, love, LOVE the new design! Very lovely. ^_^

    P.S.S. (I promise I'm not going to keep putting P.S., seriously!). Once blogger/my naive computer starts "feeling up to par" I will be following you! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Anna Gray: HaHa. I know, google friend connect has been off and on all week! It's so annoying! Anyway, I appreciate you want to follow! :) Oh and don't worry about the p.s.'s... I did them in my post too =]

    And thanks everyone for the feedback about the design, I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.