Just one of those days

Thursday, April 21, 2011

I've had a long day. I just wanna relax, don't have time for my friends, no time to chit-chat. -Jamie Grace, Hold me.
Today was just one of those days. One of those long, long days. One of those days when it feels like your week should already have ended, yet it seems like it should only be tuesday. Like tomorrow should not be friday.
 Like it's insane that May is only 11 days away. Like I had wanted to finish rewriting Maggie Blake by now, and I'm only on the eighth chapter out of my total 31. Like it's crazy that camp is in only a little more than a month away.

 Like I've spent more time designing things in the past two days than I probably have ever in my little life. Like I still can't get over the fact that there's a fire truck a couple yards away from my house. Like I'm really confused as to why they are shooting off fireworks on the fairgrounds across from my house... Like my heart just skipped a beat, before I realized that, no, it's not already the fourth of July. Like I'm a little grossed out by seeing the tiny little pigs that we will be ripping apart  next week (okay, maybe not actually ripping apart) at school.

 Like no way, easter in on Sunday? Like when I relax and close my eyes, I feel like I'm falling through the clouds and I can reach out and feel those soft fluffy white pillows of fluff, but it all comes to an abrupt stop when I realize that I don't have time to fly through the clouds, there's way too much to do.

Like I just wish time could stop and I could actually sleep. Like if I actually tried, I could accomplish something. Like if I worked hard, I could do all that writing that I wanted to, and I could finish Maggie Blake and I could get a proof copy, and I could be extremely happy. Like if I stopped for a second, I could have the time to pray, read my bible, and just thank God for the amazing day he's giving me.

Like how I think I'm going to take Bethany's advice:
No, you must scrub the floors and tell me this instant. :) Lol - go get some sleep, gal. :) Take some hot cocoa, and don't dare even think of stressing yourself out, or I shall personally walk over and put you to bed. :) Lol...take your time, I'm in no hurry. 
 Yes. I've been thinking about this for a long time, and I've decided that now is a good time. I'm going to turn off my internet for 2 days and just completely and fully write my heart out. I want to get some serious writing done and I think I deserve a tiny internet break for 2 days, although I don't really want to leave for that long. I don't really want to leave at all. But I've been designing a lot. I've been posting every day. I haven't gone to bed before 11 for weeks. I think I deserve some sleep, I think I just really want to write right now.

p.s. I am allowing myself 10 minuets of computer per day over the next 2 days so that I can just check up on things, like magazine and blog design. Only 10 minuets though!

5 comments:

  1. That was a quick post - I barely even finished writing that comment. :)

    Enjoy your blog break!!

    *hugs*

    Bethany

    P.s. Stressed spelled backwards = desserts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun writing :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I know exactly how you feel. I have had many of one of those days! Great post and have fun writing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO much for your sweet comment on my blog, Megan. It encouraged me SO much, and I feel so thankful for blogger friends like you. Thank you. God bless you, sweet girl. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your writing time!

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.