Waite a second... What are you doing?!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Before you go on to read my post (which I greatly hope you are planning on doing)...
I've just installed the new March design, and I. am. in. love. with. it. 
Photobucket
{Don't forget to add the new button!}

I {heart} light teal blue and different shades of grey!
--

I promised myself that I wouldn't let it come to this, that this wouldn't happen. That I wouldn't quit blogging forever... 


I've honestly been realizing something huge lately. I spend a substantial amount of time on blogger and on my e-mail. And I seriously thought about stopping blogging for a few horrible seconds. But I realized that I don't want to stop. I realized that why I wanted to stop was because I was spending too much time looking at other people's blogs and waiting around for another e-mail to come. I realized that this has nothing whatsoever to do with my blog. It's everyone else's blog's that is creating a problem. 


I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with your blog. I'm saying that I honestly need to cut back on how many blogs I follow. I'm extremely sorry if you've recently lost me as a follower. I really am. But, last week, I clicked 'stop following' on about 20 blogs. I went from following 70 blogs to following 50. And today, I took off 20 more. I now follow about 30 blogs. This is major for me. Very major. I hate to say this, but I'm still planning on hitting 'stop following' on even more blogs. 


I know, I know, this is crazy. Insane. Mentally Ill. But I have to do it. I spend way, way, way, too much time on the internet. God is trying to speak to me, to tell me that 'Seriously Megan, you want to have time for me, you want to have time for writing, you want to have time for other, more important things, but you are spending 3+ hours on the computer a day. What are you going to do about it?'.


Honestly, I didn't know. I didn't know. Do you know what it feels like to not know what you are going to do about something? It's an extremely frightful feeling. A feeling of utter loss. I had to decide. I had to figure out what I was going to do. I had to sort everything out. 


I decided that I will now, only redesign my blog once every 2 months, follow only 20 blogs (I just took off 10 more. So that's 50 blogs that I took of the past week. wow.), post only 2 to 4 times a week, not have my e-mail and blog open every second of the day so that I am notified when someone posts or if I have an e-mail, and spend only half an hour to forty-five minuets on the internet.


You have no idea how good that feels. You seriously have no idea. I can't wait to start spending more time on the important things and less on endless hours on the computer blankly reading blog posts that have nothing whatsoever to do with me.


I decide to do things that I never end up doing, a lot. But this is not going to be one of those things. This starts now, and this is what I have decided to do. Yes, it's Crazy. Insane. Mentally Ill. But I have to do it. I have to. If I'm ever planning to do anything with my life, I have to stop this endless time I spend doing nothing.

Today I strive to make the most of the limited time I have. I choose to seise the moment. I choose to use my time for the most important thing that I can think of at that time. I choose not to be obsessed with blogger. I choose to break free of the strings pulling me in. I choose to say no to wasting my time. I choose to say yes to doing the important thing. 

10 comments:

  1. First of all: I love the new look as well!!! :)
    Second: thank you for explaining why you stopped following! lol I was really wondering why... I totally understand, and you're not mentally ill, I stop following blogs if I don't really enjoy reading the posts, or if I have too many that I can't keep up. So... that's ok! I knew you had a reason, just didn't know what it was! ;)
    Anyways, I think what you are aiming to do is awesome, Megan! :)

    ~Kaycee Lee~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand your feelings, Megan. Blogging is a very good thing, but too much is too much. Don't feel guilty about stopping following blogs - we understand your reasons perfectly. On a side note: in the faint text over the middle picture in your header, the word "because" is spelled wrong. I just wanted to let you know! :)

    In Christ,
    Larkin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new look. ;) It's much more cheerier than the others.

    You know what is really amazing?! I've been thinking the same thing this week...wow.

    I'm kinda sad you stopped following me, to be honest. (Not that I care about how many followers I have.) It's just that your blog is like the one of the main blogs I check & all. Plus you're one of the people I consider a friend. I understand you're only going to follow twenty blogs, but yeah.

    Oh, and you're not mentally ill. *grins*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and if you didn't unfollow me...sorry! I don't really know who did, it's just I used to have 125 & now I have 124.
    *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larkin: Thanks for catching that for me! :)

    Kendra: Your blog is the one that I accidentally un-followed! I knew that I accidentally un-followed a blog, but I couldn't figure out which one it was! Sorry about that! I consider you a friend too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand about accidentally un-following. I did that once! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new blog design! And I totally agree with the whole "too much computer/blog/email whatever" time thing. I spend just about all day long on the computer (but it's also for school, etc) but still. I should probably stop being so internet dependent. I might try what you're doing ;)
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally understand! I'm going through the same thing and reducing my internet time a lot. God, family, friends, and school really need to come first again.

    By the way, I love the new design!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Good for you!! I spend too much time on Blogger. Or at least I did. But I decided to do some what of what you are doing a month or two ago, and have said no to about 3 people asking if I would like to become a regular poster on their blog. I feel really bad about it! But I know that if I start getting too much going again I'll be on the computer all day long. And not only is that not good for my eyes, and back, and myself physically, it's not good mentally either. Anyways... what I mean is that don't feel bad about it! We all understand. =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing the right thing. You have more important things to do than be on the computer all day. I'll be with you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.