Longing for Simple

Monday, March 28, 2011

Do you remember when you were little and you would spend endless hours outside playing and laughing? When you didn't care about much of anything? When you just enjoyed life. You didn't have to worry about whether you would have enough time to finish your homework, or think about whether or not you'll do good on that solo. You didn't even care what other people thought of you. You lived life as simple as it can get. And you were happy.


Do you remember when you used to hate having to go to bed, because you didn't want to have your perfect day come to an end? Now, I welcome sleep. Sleep is my best friend, and once I close my eyes at night, I'm out. The truth was that I had been tired hours before, but I had things to do. Stuff to finish. There aren't enough hours in the day to get what I wanted to get done. I remember when I would get up at 9 each morning, and thought that it was so early. Now, I'm lucky if I can sleep past 7. I remember when I used to read, and read, and read. But now, I'm lucky if I can even finish a chapter. I remember when I thought I was so special because I could get my school done in 2 hours. Now I'm lucky if I can get it done in 6. I remember when I would play outside from morning until dark, with my imagination at it's best. When I was eager to help, and full of joy.
I remember those days. And sadly, I feel as if they are gone, and I'll never get them back. I feel like I have too much to do, and I don't have time for the simple things. I feel like they are gone, and things can never be simple again, everything has got to be complex and confusing. 


I've been thinking... what if I did my best, tried my hardest at the things I have to do each day, and still allowed that simple life a few minuets of my day. What if I didn't let go to simple, but held on. 


I know it's impossible to get older but still live like when I was older, but what if I allowed simple to come? What if I grew, but kept simple? What if I still cared, but still lived? What if I made the most of every moment I had to live? What if I wasn't afraid to hold on? 

4 comments:

  1. Very good post. Sad, but good. I know exactly how you feel, I've been going through the same thing these past couple of weeks :))
    -Jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of Peter Pan never wanting to grow up. I know what you mean. I miss the days where you never had to worry or fear anything, and just have fun. But those good times don't have to be gone forever. Like you said, we have to not be afraid to hold on. Great post Megan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how it is Megan! Sometimes I just have to forget math & everything, and just run around outside, or climb as high as I can to the top of a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! I undertstand completely!

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.