My Bubble

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

This is the only way that I can explain what happened to me this past week: I made myself a bubble. My own personal, Godly, bubble. That bubble was filled with prayer, reading the bible, reading books like Do Hard Things, and Power of a Praying Teen, and basically just spending time with God. 


I longed everyday to write, and I'm surprised I didn't. I wasn't on blogger for two whole days; what a huge accomplishment! I checked a couple of blogs the remaining five days, but mostly kept away from blogger. I didn't touch either of my books/novels, except for yesterday when I read Calorgrid's Warrior. It was hard, I'm not going to lie. But it was Good For Me.


I taught myself that everyday, I do have time for God, I just have to choose to use that time. 


Today, I stepped out of my bubble, and broke it, but the remnants are still floating around, following me. I'm thinking about what the right thing to do is every single second of my day. I'm praying a lot more then I used to. Even though it practically killed me, this week was both the worst and the best week of my life. 
"I can do all things through him who gives me strength." -Philippians 4:13 
God was there with me through the entire week saying "Hey! I'm here! You can get through this with me." And I listened and I didn't write for an entire week.

What did I do instead?
I took a lot of pictures. The birds were actually (sort of) nice this week and let me get some pictures of them :)








Aren't the just lovely!?

I also sort of ish redesigned this blog. I did my font in Times, because I just personally like it a ton better, but I might change it to Georgia in the future. I also redid the header (which personally I think looks awesome). 

I also made a ton of jewelry that I will be selling at the coffee shop soon (very excited about that).

And check this out: three new followers! I'm excited. Thanks new followers!

And of course, I read my bible, prayed, read other books, slept, ate, and did school.

So over all, I learned this week that in my normal weeks, I do have time for God, and not only do I need to take that time, I want to.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back! I know how that is, taking a break. It's nice yet really hard at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!! :) That's so awesome! I'm kinda the same way, I know I'd have time if I'd only make time. So that's why I'm been reading my Bible everyday and writing about what I'm reading in a notebook.
    Oh, and the pictures are beautiful! I've never gotten a decent bird picture in my life! (I blame my camera... it's old. :P) haha :)

    In Christ,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good break! :)

    I love the new header! Very cute!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of the birds. We've been meditating on Psalm 84 in the Prayer Room, talking about how God gives even the Sparrow a place near His altar, and the Swallow a place of rest. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tessa: I checked out your blog, and you take some pretty stinken' good pictures ;) I blame it on the birds... they never let you get close enough and ALWAYS fly away ;)

    Katie: Thanks! I was super bored one day and to keep myself from writing I redesigned my blog :)

    Barbie: Oh I love Psalm 84! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, well thanks!! :3 My camera is pretty decent I guess, it's a Nikon Coolpix 950 (introduced in 1999), so it take good macro pictures, but distant things... not so much. And yes, I've tried sneaking up on them, but they're too clever and they fly away. :P haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Pictures!!! I found your blog from "Aspire" Have a happy Friday!

    Your Sister In Christ
    hosanna

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.