Giving Up for God

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

So Me and a bunch of my friends from school (aka, classes) have decided to do a little thing that I call 'giving up for God', it's where we all give up the thing that we do the most (not including school) and spend that time with God, such as reading the bible, listening to christian music, reading christian books, and so on. Some of us are giving up Facebook, others (the two boys) are giving up video games, and I am giving up the thing I do the most and the thing that is second most important in my life--Writing.

I gave in to peer pressure (Kaylee and Marissa) and decided that writing is the thing I do the most and I owe it to God to give it up for a week. It was seriously the hardest decision I've ever made, I was yelling (playfully, but still) at Marissa that Writing was good, and not bad like facebook and video games, and I was actually whimpering while talking to Kaylee on the phone.

So yes, I'm giving up writing for a full week. Well, not entirely. I still have schoolwork writing that I have to do. And I'm only completely giving up writing for two days, and the other five days I'm only allowed to write for fifteen minuets.

With giving up writing, that also includes giving up blogging. So I'm actually taking my first ever blogging break, for a week. I'm going to be taking this time to grow closer to God, and learn what he's been trying to tell me all along but I'm just not taking the time to learn it because I'm too busy doing other stuff.

We had a super long discussion through e-mail talking about deep stuff (or at least as deep as you can go in an e-mail) which was really refreshing to me.

I know this week is going to be long and hard, but I'm prepared. I said I'd give my all to God, and now I actually am.

I'm actually getting my own laptop in a couple of weeks, so before I actually do, I'm going to be spending this time with God and teaching myself to spend more time with him since I'll be having a bigger temptation to be on the computer more since I'll be having my own.

Feel free to join my friends and I as we give up for God.


Tomorrow, I begin my one week long writing break.

-Megan

p.s. I don't know if I've entered any giveaways, but if I have, and it's your giveaway, you can contact me at metheblog[at]gmail[dot]com

3 comments:

  1. Have a good break! I honor what you are doing. I might join, perhaps! Maybe in a few weeks though, after you're done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i guess i should give facebook, too. that's where a bunch of my time goes. thanks for the reminder that God should always be first, megan!

    -anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun on your break!

    [When you come back, would you mind anwsering this question for me? How did you get your post title and sidebar title in the center? LOL! Thanks!]

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.