Wandering

Monday, January 3, 2011

It's good to wander every once in a while, because if you don't, how will you ever find what was meant to be found?
Some of the most important things you'll ever find or learn will be found because you were allowing yourself to wander. Let yourself explore the unknown, someday you might find a diamond amongst all the dirt.

Wandering adds color and beauty to life.

I let myself wander every once in a while. Wandering gives me joy. I find things I didn't even know I had in me. Wouldn't you like to here my story?

I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep saturday night. I was very happy and cheerful as I thanked God for such a great first day of the year. I smiled as I turned over and looked at my closet door. Where I knew there was a door, It looked like some sort of mist. Of course I'm over the whole 'seeing monsters in the dark', and I knew that it was only the lights from town shining through my window, plus, I wasn't wearing my glasses, so I couldn't see very well anyways, but I let my thoughts wander through that mist, where I found myself in an other world. I couldn't help but laugh as I sat up and stumbled out of bed to find a piece of paper to write this amazing new idea down. I knew that very soon, I would make it into a a book, but how would I ever be able to if I didn't write it down? It's already 12, and although I'm very tired, I write my wandering journey down in my tiny notebook. I pull the cord to my lamp and lay down. I can't keep myself from thinking about my new book idea, and I kept getting more and more ideas, and finally after turning on and off my lamp about three times and filling 7 pages front and back on my little notebook, I tell myself to just not think about it, and finally go to sleep. 


I love letting myself wander. It's like going places you didn't even know existed and finding things you didn't know you could find.

I'll bet you'd like to know a little bit about my newest book, right? Well, at this moment of writing, I barely have anything worked out and I just thought of a name for my main character, thanks to my amazing friends. And if I were to have an about the book page somewhere, this is what it would say:
About the Warrior: "I could always hear better then everyone else, I could always see clearer and my eyes were always quicker then everyone else's, I was always the fastest runner at school, at sumer camp I could always get a bull's eye in archery, even when I was barely trying, but I never knew why--Until now." One girl following her destiny to lead a battle, and a search for her strength and bravery. (c) Megan Madison
^I would love to hear your thoughts on that!^

Don't ever be afraid to wander, you never know what you'll discover.
-Megan

5 comments:

  1. right on, megan! i tend to live a wonder world - i love dreaming. :)

    p.s. - when you have time could you email me the html code for my button and grab box. i deleted it accidently and i reallllly want it back.

    thanks & blessings,
    anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful.
    Your blog is beautiful. I to was homeschooled and loved it. I love your blog. Its always so inspiring. Keep up the lovely work.
    God bless you sweet girl!
    XXO, Jazzie
    {from: www.jsheaa.blogspot.com}
    P.S. I am going to follow your beautiful blog very soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. anna :): Yes, I'll get your button to you soon, sorry I've been kind of busy.

    Jazzie: Awww! Thanks! And thanks for being my newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so inspiring, girl! Sometimes I'm afraid of going into the unknown b/c I'm worried it won't be God's will. But I guess, how can I ever know if I never try, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Sorry.. 2 comments. Ha.
    So I was wondering how you did your "About Me" and "My Other Blogs" pages. I love how it glides down. I was curious how you do it. Hayhay (from Fish Flakes) suggested me to you. If you wouldn't mind sharing it with me... please let me know! Thanks a bunch!
    XXO,
    Jazzie

    ReplyDelete

because comments = happiness.